Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #6,046 of 9,298
  My hd700 earpad has been broken, anyone know where can I get a new one? Maybe not the original one, OEM will do.

Thanks

I've looked for some and only found originals from Senn or distributors no Oem's I could find.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #6,047 of 9,298
  I've looked for some and only found originals from Senn or distributors no Oem's I could find.

These are not exactly cheap, but they are cheaper than on the Sennheiser website.... This is the cheapest I can find it. Average for these on 3rd party sites is about $95 (which is STILL cheaper than on official Senn site). 

http://audio46.com/shop/sennheiser-549062-earpads-for-hd700-headphones/

Edit: NM, just noticed on that site they are listed as out of stock.. Who knows, maybe they will be back in stock soon???

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #6,048 of 9,298

These are not exactly cheap, but they are cheaper than on the Sennheiser website.... This is the cheapest I can find it. Average for these on 3rd party sites is about $95 (which is STILL cheaper than on official Senn site). 

http://audio46.com/shop/sennheiser-549062-earpads-for-hd700-headphones/

Edit: NM, just noticed on that site they are listed as out of stock.. Who knows, maybe they will be back in stock soon???

The cheapest I saw were $99.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #6,050 of 9,298

I just looked because I can't believe Sennheiser is gouging people on the price of these things. Anyway the cheapest I saw them were on Hi-Fi Heaven for $81 bucks (U.S.).  Hi-Fi Heaven: Sennheiser 549062 Earpads for HD700 Headphones ($81.25).

Good luck.

Nice to know. I was thinking of picking up a pair to check out if my mod was worth it. I saw them for $75 once but it went away real quick. $81 isn't too bad.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #6,051 of 9,298
81 bucks is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Sennheiser get real here and drop the price of these things, or at least let a third party produce them as well. C'mon Sennheiser, this is no longer an 8-9 hundred headphone. That said, I'll have to add these to by "backup" collection in case I end up needing some.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #6,052 of 9,298
  I just looked because I can't believe Sennheiser is gouging people on the price of these things. Anyway the cheapest I saw them were on Hi-Fi Heaven for $81 bucks (U.S.).  Hi-Fi Heaven: Sennheiser 549062 Earpads for HD700 Headphones ($81.25).

I purchased a back-up pair from HiFiHeaven. Fast shipping no problems.

But yes, IMHO, these seem to be way overpriced. :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #6,053 of 9,298

I purchased a back-up pair from HiFiHeaven. Fast shipping no problems.

But yes, IMHO, these seem to be way overpriced. :frowning2:

Yeah I may wind up doing the same, although I'll wait about another month or two before pulling the trigger. Just hope nothing happens where I need them before then.  BTW aren't these part of the warranty?

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #6,055 of 9,298
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my HD700's tomorrow and had an amp question. I am not up to speed on the whole amp matching thing. I own 2 amps right now, both attached to a musicstreamer II+, the hifiman ef5 and Little Dot I+, I used to have a T1 and currently own the ZMF Omni's so the hifiman ef5 has plenty of power to run them. The little dot I have for my Grado's which of these 2 would sound best with the HD700, I am hoping I will not need another amp!! Oh and I listen to Spotify and FLAC on sdcards through my MAC.

Thanks,
James

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #6,056 of 9,298
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my HD700's tomorrow and had an amp question. I am not up to speed on the whole amp matching thing. I own 2 amps right now, both attached to a musicstreamer II+, the hifiman ef5 and Little Dot I+, I used to have a T1 and currently own the ZMF Omni's so the hifiman ef5 has plenty of power to run them. The little dot I have for my Grado's which of these 2 would sound best with the HD700, I am hoping I will not need another amp!! Oh and I listen to Spotify and FLAC on sdcards through my MAC.

Thanks,
James

I think the HD-700 will sound quite good with either amp, the ef5 is a little like a Ember while the LD-1+ is somewhat like a BH Crack and both work for me.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #6,057 of 9,298
  Yeah I may wind up doing the same, although I'll wait about another month or two before pulling the trigger. Just hope nothing happens where I need them before then.  BTW aren't these part of the warranty?

I wasn't worried about the ear pads failing. But since I modded my earpads, as per Takato, I wanted to have a stock pair for comparison purposes.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #6,059 of 9,298
I hope one day 3rd parties start making earpads for the HD700 I just hope i won't need any new pair any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back