Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #5,821 of 9,329
I already have four different cables for my audeze and all I need to do is making an adapter to HD700. Thats what im doing now.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #5,822 of 9,329
I already have four different cables for my audeze and all I need to do is making an adapter to HD700. Thats what im doing now.

Just bought a set from Trever at Norne that should be here soon - a friend is borrowing it now for his HEX/HEK that also has 2.5 pins. It is a single metal plug that fits over the Audeze ends for a very compact high quality solution allowing me to double purpose all my Audeze cables. Even better, it comes in a very cool leather bag. :kissing:

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #5,824 of 9,329
  I think it's time for me to get a Chord Mojo for my HD700, hope I have some luck in the For Sale section!

You could pm this member as he just posted this 2 hours ago:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709051/cowon-plenue-p1/1935#post_12333018
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #5,825 of 9,329

You could pm this member as he just posted this 2 hours ago:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709051/cowon-plenue-p1/1935#post_12333018
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the heads up @Kerouac I'll keep them in mind if the member I PM'd already doesn't pan out.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #5,826 of 9,329
You're
  Thanks for the heads up @Kerouac I'll keep them in mind if the member I PM'd already doesn't pan out.

You're welcome!

Btw, I just noticed that you're from Kansas => if you can't find a nice priced used Mojo (and if you're into iems and have the budget too) you could consider this Kansas Company (Wichita) Mojo / PS6 deal (only this month) as well: https://www.facebook.com/Perfect-Seal-Labs-830894143593924/?fref=nf
Good luck with the chase
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #5,827 of 9,329
Hehe, already had a response on the Mojo in the FS forums and just sent payment, so hopefully I'll have it in my hands before too long :)  Thankya sir for the other option as well, you never know how these sales will go until you have the item in hand.  Although I do choose to remain optimistic before that happens!

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #5,828 of 9,329
@Barra

I got mine from Q-Audio since I already have their cable to match...really great sounding cables by the way ! I wonder if I get the leather case too...
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah, and this adapter will also works with Oppo and HE1K. PM 3 might be my next replacement for the good ol M50 of mine. 

@Saoshyant

congrats on soon getting the Mojo I guarantee you will Love the sound pairing it with 700. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #5,829 of 9,329
I cannot believe I saw these on Amazon for $425. I almost impulse bought them, and I know nothing about them. I remembered them being about $600+. I'll read through this thread, but can anyone at all give a short comparison between these and the philips fidelio x2, at least in regard to how loud the bass is, since I listen to mostly electronic music.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #5,830 of 9,329
I cannot believe I saw these on Amazon for $425. I almost impulse bought them, and I know nothing about them. I remembered them being about $600+. I'll read through this thread, but can anyone at all give a short comparison between these and the philips fidelio x2, at least in regard to how loud the bass is, since I listen to mostly electronic music.

I got some comparisons on page 651 of the X2 thread.  The subbass is more obvious on the X2 and there's the midbass hump, but overall the bass on the HD700 has a better, more controlled feel and texture.  It is not as impactful, but I have read a lot of this thread and heard many times it is fantastic for electronic music.  It also seemed super fast in comparison.

I have only heard the HD700 in-store, mine will be coming in tomorrow so I can draw some more definitive conclusions myself.  It's difficult to get an impression of a headphone when someone is playing Katy Perry on a UE BOOM next to you.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #5,831 of 9,329
Just a quick note to say that the 700s are settling in quite nicely on my work rig. They're every bit as comfortable as I hoped they would be. 

For reference, my rig is Tidal --> Dragonfly --> Lyr2 with 74 Voskhod SWGP -- > H700.

Cat Stevens came on via a Tidal playlist and, whoa, these are delightful. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #5,832 of 9,329
So mine have just arrived and upon opening the shipping container I noticed the first layer of Sennheiser box has its flap hanging open.  No big deal, could have happened in shipping but.. could someone tell me if their (brand new) HD700 came wrapped in a transparent plastic bag inside the hard case?  All the unboxing videos I've seen don't have this.

EDIT: Pic related.  My partner is saying I am mad because I noticed the open flap, scratch on top of the hard container, and the strange plastic wrapping.  She's probably right.  On closer inspection, it also seems they have been placed backwards in the box, unless they change up which way they go.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #5,834 of 9,329
  So mine have just arrived and upon opening the shipping container I noticed the first layer of Sennheiser box has its flap hanging open.  No big deal, could have happened in shipping but.. could someone tell me if their (brand new) HD700 came wrapped in a transparent plastic bag inside the hard case?  All the unboxing videos I've seen don't have this.

EDIT: Pic related.  My partner is saying I am mad because I noticed the open flap, scratch on top of the hard container, and the strange plastic wrapping.  She's probably right.  On closer inspection, it also seems they have been placed backwards in the box, unless they change up which way they go.

I don't remember exactly how mine looked when I first got it, but that plastic bag is certainly not something Sennheiser would use. Seems at the very least you got an open box item. Hard to say if it was used or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back