Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #316 of 9,298
Quote:
I just went into a spending spree moment and got a pair of HE-6s. I may not have enough power (SPL Phonitor) to drive these hungry beasts effectively but will try to do a comparo between them when I get back in a couple of weeks. Will also try to borrow the HD800s from a friend to get a comparo across the upper end of Senn's dynamic can range.

Will be an interesting & fun end of Feb/Mar! :D

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, also on the comparison between HE-400 and HE-6--

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #317 of 9,298
Won't have an HE-400 on hand for comparison purposes. I was intrigued by the HE-500 though so might have to find a pair of those. This hobby is eating into my wallet like drugs....sweet sweet drugs....

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #319 of 9,298
The HE-6 and the H700 are my two favourite cans at the moment. Their overall presentations is quite similar, both have great imaging and about the same amount of details. The HE-6 is more laid-back but is king for life-like presentation and naturalness. The slightly better bass slam and tilted treble make the HD700 more engaging for fast-paced music and rock.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #320 of 9,298
Quote:
The HE-6 and the H700 are my two favourite cans at the moment. Their overall presentations is quite similar, both have great imaging and about the same amount of details. The HE-6 is more laid-back but is king for life-like presentation and naturalness. The slightly better bass slam and tilted treble make the HD700 more engaging for fast-paced music and rock.

Thanks for this zenpunk.  I like my present configuration of HE-400 and HD700, but am constantly toying with the idea of moving up the Hifiman chain, so this is good to hear.  I'm maxed out for the moment, so I'll enjoy what I have while thinking out the next move.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #323 of 9,298
Just finished my setup for the HD700. Each upgrade added to the clarity and musicality and the biggest improvement was the DAC in my case. My setup is Rockna RD-26 -> Bottlehead crack + speedball + various upgrades all with occ interconnects. I can hear every little detail with the HD700 if the song has it I can hear it with ease. It's not just clinical sound, they can be superbly musical and involving without being fatiguing while listening for long periods of time. The HD700 are really love or hate headphones and I like that. I really recommend a tube amp to tame the highs. On solid state amplifiers they can be a little rough.
Also just had a thought, aren't the HD700 the best cans in bass impact and response from the Sennheiser open headphone family?

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #324 of 9,298
Quote:
Just finished my setup for the HD700. Each upgrade added to the clarity and musicality and the biggest improvement was the DAC in my case. My setup is Rockna RD-26 -> Bottlehead crack + speedball + various upgrades all with occ interconnects. I can hear every little detail with the HD700 if the song has it I can hear it with ease. It's not just clinical sound, they can be superbly musical and involving without being fatiguing while listening for long periods of time. The HD700 are really love or hate headphones and I like that. I really recommend a tube amp to tame the highs. On solid state amplifiers they can be a little rough.
Also just had a thought, aren't the HD700 the best cans in bass impact and response from the Sennheiser open headphone family?

Exactly how I hear them.  I can't express how impressed I am with the HD700.  I'll just say that of all the headphones I've owned they are my favorites.  Best soundstage and imaging I've heard and they are lightning fast!  Oh, and not to mention they are the most comfortable headphones I've had to date.  
beyersmile.png

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #327 of 9,298
Does anyone know how to get rid of the immense sibilance on ssssome recordings? Its starting to bother me more and more and I don't know if I can keep the ssssevenhoundred if this continues! 
frown.gif
 .. and this after all the fun we had together

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #328 of 9,298
Quote:
Does anyone know how to get rid of the immense sibilance on ssssome recordings? Its starting to bother me more and more and I don't know if I can keep the ssssevenhoundred if this continues! 
frown.gif
 .. and this after all the fun we had together

DrSeven, I've noticed this too, but don't you think it's the source simply made apparent by the 700s?  It's not on all sources, but it's really noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back