Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Apr 22, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #3,481 of 6,500
I think all you need to do is to put a big warning sign in the OP that says you can’t ask for comparison between NDH30 and 660S2 in this thread. Problem solved. 🤦‍♂️

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #3,482 of 6,500
I think all you need to do is to put a big warning sign in the OP that says you can’t ask for comparison between NDH30 and 660S2 in this thread. Problem solved. 🤦‍♂️
And then what would you do with all your free time? That just seems kind of cruel.

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #3,483 of 6,500
I don't understand why the comparison is a problem. ndh30 660s2 is also a German company, they cost the same, but to read huge contradictory opinions about both, in every thread.. one should be on his feet who finds out what the truth really is in such a forum, and what they really say, separately or against each other. no one knows about the other, how much experience and knowledge they have, how reliable their hearing is, etc., etc.. I'm also trying to find out what the truth is between the two headphones, but I have to realize that it's simply impossible to find this out on a forum.

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #3,484 of 6,500
The "problem" such as it is, isn't opinions being voiced/shared. it's that they're voiced almost every page. I'll say this for cheesebert....at least he's heard both sets. That's more than I can say about some of the spam on this thread. It may be entertaining to some, but for someone who is trying to suss out a long list of cans to audition, it gets frustrating.

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #3,485 of 6,500
I'm not even active in this thread, but think it's weird and annoying for people to constantly bring up another headphone and use it to crap on the 660S2.

If you want to keep making comparisons between NDH 30 and 660S2, why not make a dedicated thread and stay there? Leave this thread alone.

We're having the same problem with a hater/troll in the Sony ZX707 DAP thread doing similar things in that thread.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #3,487 of 6,500
The Ignore button can be your friend in situations like this. It's like Dolby for the digital age - it improves the signal to noise ratio.
Too bad you couldn't use a term/word for ignore. I have no intention of ever buying a studio headphone, so I would use NDH-30 AND NDH-20 as terms/names to ignore.

It is easy to ignore subjects such as IEM's as they have their own forums. Tougher when it is a similar product/category to what brings you to the site.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #3,488 of 6,500
660S2 is inferior in all aspects.
to you. Are you the ‘alpha & omega’ on this topic (there is neither letter, Greek or Latin, in your post name)?

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #3,489 of 6,500
🤷‍♂️

Apr 22, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #3,491 of 6,500
Yeah, let's forbid comparison's with other headphones and make this a 660S2 circlejerk thread...
That’s not what’s being talked about, the problem is this thread has partway become a HD 660S2 vs NDH-30 thread and this has caused some saltiness imho. There needs to be more variety of comparisons to the HD 660S2 than just the HD 6xx line and NDH-30.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #3,492 of 6,500
How is a sub $500 tube amp in comparison with a sub $2000 solidstate counterpart for the hd660s2? I am pointing to something such as vahalla2, sw51 vs ican pro, gsx-mini. Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #3,493 of 6,500
I'm definitely not going to ignore anyone over the NDH-30 praise, because 1. it's not like they're bad posters in general or don't have useful experience to contribute in this and other contexts, and 2. it's not like they're lying, they're giving their good faith opinions and that's just how they feel (strongly). I have my strong opinions too, I'm sure in the right context I could be seen as really going on about this or that when to me it's just how I feel.

I would guess the poster who got that response doesn't feel the same way as some of us do about that avenue of the discussion, probably because it's just occurred to them to want the two compared and they likely haven't searched the thread to see the reams and reams regarding that specific comparison that have already been posted. The nature of discussion boards like this is common questions are reiterated and re-answered over and over again all the time, they just usually don't paint the object of discussion in a negative light because a long term thread typically is sustained by fans rather than detractors. I don't consider that a "circle-jerk" as it was recently put, so much as a natural consequence of people generally liking to talk about what they enjoy on the 'net to other users. It doesn't mean detractors aren't also welcome in those discussions, it's just a bit odd to see it being such a big, recurring focus.

If I go to NDH-30 thread there are lots of discussions of NDH-30 and people posting music they're listening to with it all the time, not a lot of "other-headphone preferrers" saying WELL NDH-30 IS LACKING COMPARED TO MY FAVORITE (in various shades). To me, sometimes here it reads like a "NDH-30 Vs. HD-660S2" thread was the title! edit: kman1211 already basically said that but more efficiently, oops

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #3,494 of 6,500
I'm definitely not going to ignore anyone over the NDH-30 praise, because 1. it's not like they're bad posters in general or don't have useful experience to contribute in this and other contexts, and 2. it's not like they're lying, they're giving their good faith opinions and that's just how they feel (strongly). I have my strong opinions too, I'm sure in the right context I could be seen as really going on about this or that when to me it's just how I feel.

I would guess the poster who got that response doesn't feel the same way as some of us do about that avenue of the discussion, probably because it's just occurred to them to want the two compared and they likely haven't searched the thread to see the reams and reams regarding that specific comparison that have already been posted. The nature of discussion boards like this is common questions are reiterated and re-answered over and over again all the time, they just usually don't paint the object of discussion in a negative light because a long term thread typically is sustained by fans rather than detractors. I don't consider that a "circle-jerk" as it was recently put, so much as a natural consequence of people generally liking to talk about what they enjoy on the 'net to other users. It doesn't mean detractors aren't also welcome in those discussions, it's just a bit odd to see it being such a big, recurring focus.

If I go to NDH-30 thread there are lots of discussions of NDH-30 and people posting music they're listening to with it all the time, not a lot of "other-headphone preferrers" saying WELL NDH-30 IS LACKING COMPARED TO MY FAVORITE (in various shades). To me, sometimes here it reads like a "NDH-30 Vs. HD-660S2" thread was the title! edit: kman1211 already basically said that but more efficiently, oops

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #3,495 of 6,500
That’s not what’s being talked about, the problem is this thread has partway become a HD 660S2 vs NDH-30 thread and this has caused some saltiness imho. There needs to be more variety of comparisons to the HD 660S2 than just the HD 6xx line and NDH-30.
What’s the point? S2 is like 650 with a bit better bass, treble, soundstage and dynamics but noticeably worse mid. Given most of music happens in the mid, it’s a downgrade from 650 IMO (especially for 2x+ the price). You can replace the word “NDH30” with Clear, HE6, Atrium, Auteur Classic or other names of similar quality cans and the conclusion would be the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back