Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
May 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,286 of 23,456
My Travel rig, nothing like coming back to the hotel after a long day and slipping into nice pair of HD600s!

May 31, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #3,287 of 23,456
wow u tucked those schiitsss into the foam  in the hardcase...
and threw the case into the back of your mustang?
u just won a prize from headfi !!
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #3,289 of 23,456
the one thing that annoys me about them is that outer ring, pavement looking thing... what kind of material is that made of?
i'm not huge on caring what the headphones look like but something about the color/look of the texture of that offends my sight.
does it look better in person?

May 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,290 of 23,456
May 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #3,291 of 23,456
the one thing that annoys me about them is that outer ring, pavement looking thing... what kind of material is that made of?
i'm not huge on caring what the headphones look like but something about the color/look of the texture of that offends my sight.

It's plastic made to look like marble. It's less gaudy looking and less noticable in natural light.

May 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #3,292 of 23,456
Quote:

Product photos enhance the marble finish; in indoor lighting it's not that obvious. Granted, I'm not worried about the paint chipping (which is happening on the edges of my headband), because I consider that as good reason to finally spray-paint it dark grey. Kind of like this matte black 599:

May 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #3,295 of 23,456
Quote:
You might be on to something. Maybe you can vinyl wrap your 600's like that Ferrari.
smile.gif

Is that vinyl? I've always thought that was paint, because I saw an Evo locally that was being painted to look like that. Guy told me a lot of the look depends on the process, not just the paint. On my heapdhones I'm planning to get spray paint for them - there's a place here that can make a custom mix and put them in the spray cans within the day.

May 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3,296 of 23,456
Quote:
It's plastic made to look like marble. It's less gaudy looking and less noticable in natural light.

Quote:

Product photos enhance the marble finish; in indoor lighting it's not that obvious. Granted, I'm not worried about the paint chipping (which is happening on the edges of my headband), because I consider that as good reason to finally spray-paint it dark grey. Kind of like this matte black 599:

oh ok, thanks... i usually listen to headphones in the dark (or at least not a bright area) and don't look at em that much so it shouldn't bother me if i end up getting them.. but it's like when something annoys you really bad it constantly stands out and it's hard to get past. haha.
wish they just made it a solid light blue, i love turquoise with black, or a sea green and dark blue style theme, or turquoise and dark blue. heh. or all black, or sci-fi type minimalistic grey.

May 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #3,297 of 23,456
Is that vinyl? I've always thought that was paint, because I saw an Evo locally that was being painted to look like that. Guy told me a lot of the look depends on the process, not just the paint. On my heapdhones I'm planning to get spray paint for them - there's a place here that can make a custom mix and put them in the spray cans within the day.

Well, I cant say for sure, but it looks like it to me. Matte vinyl wrap is very popular right now in the sports/exotic car scene. Several people in the groups I belong to have it.

May 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,298 of 23,456
Quote:
Well, I cant say for sure, but it looks like it to me. Matte vinyl wrap is very popular right now in the sports/exotic car scene. Several people in the groups I belong to have it.

Damn and I thought that was a real finish, like that guy somewhere in the Middle East driving around in an Audi A8 stripped of paint and the aluminum polished to the high heavens of "this is where the profits off your gas expenses go!"

May 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #3,299 of 23,456
Damn and I thought that was a real finish, like that guy somewhere in the Middle East driving around in an Audi A8 stripped of paint and the aluminum polished to the high heavens of "this is where the profits off your gas expenses go!"

Saudi millionnaires cant be used as a point of normal reference...LOL!

Actually, vinyl wrap looks very good, is cheaper than a paint job, protects the paint underneath, and can be changed at will with no harm to the factory finish. Ive thought about putting it on my car actually...

May 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,300 of 23,456
Hi Byronb,

What model pelican case is that?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back