Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #12,377 of 23,456
Anyway to check for fake hd600 or something of the sort?
bought them new on ebay.
the sound quality seems pretty decent but some areas sound so harsh like every twitch stream i have to turn the volume to make it sound like they are almost whispering or else my ears hurt and start doing that closing up thing, and i cant listen to music very loud or my ears hurt as well, like i have it at lower than my normal listening volume with other headphones and i can barely stand it

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #12,378 of 23,456
bought them new on ebay.
the sound quality seems pretty decent but some areas sound so harsh like every twitch stream i have to turn the volume to make it sound like they are almost whispering or else my ears hurt and start doing that closing up thing, and i cant listen to music very loud or my ears hurt as well, like i have it at lower than my normal listening volume with other headphones and i can barely stand it

Are there even fake HD 600s?

I'm pretty certain it's due to the "peak" between 3 and 4 kHz that you can see on Headphone.com's frequency response graph. I looked it up when I got my HD 600 as I noticed this brightness in the lower middle treble (not that it is bothering me), and it pretty much reflected my own perception.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #12,379 of 23,456
bought them new on ebay.

You are experiencing listening fatigue from them, I had fatigue issues with the HD 600 myself and a similar closing up issue with them, you are likely sensitive to the 3-4khz region possibly also the bass. I had a similar issue, both the HD 600 and HD 650 fatigued me. I found on the HD 600 the 3-4khz region and the bass fatigued me, while on the HD 650 it was the bass. 

As for fakes, it's unlikely it's fake. Though look inside the earcup grills and see if you see a little hologram with the Sennheiser logo.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #12,380 of 23,456
Are there even fake HD 600s?

I'm pretty certain it's due to the "peak" between 3 and 4 kHz that you can see on Headphone.com's frequency response graph. I looked it up when I got my HD 600 as I noticed this brightness in the lower middle treble (not that it is bothering me), and it pretty much reflected my own perception.

Is that something i can try and EQ out?
never messed with eq before so i have 0 idea
  You are experiencing listening fatigue from them, I had fatigue issues with the HD 600 myself and a similar closing up issue with them, you are likely sensitive to the 3-4khz region possibly also the bass. I had a similar issue, both the HD 600 and HD 650 fatigued me. I found on the HD 600 the 3-4khz region and the bass fatigued me, while on the HD 650 it was the bass. 

As for fakes, it's unlikely it's fake. Though look inside the earcup grills and see if you see a little hologram with the Sennheiser logo.

There is only a hologram on the right one

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #12,383 of 23,456
Has anyone tried the HD600 with both the schiit magni2 uber and the little dot iii?

I have a LD MKII and they sound very good together IMHO. Never heard schiit products.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #12,384 of 23,456
bought them new on ebay.

What amp are you using?

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #12,386 of 23,456
bought them new on ebay.
if it's really that bad, then it is not due to its normal frequency response. It's broken. May need new drivers. Send it back and get a replacement from the seller (if it's an authorized seller).

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #12,387 of 23,456
My tube amplifier use one 6080 and two 5670s. Anyone knows better alternatives? With a Explorer, my HD600 sounds truly amazing!
Anyone knows the result of matching Meridian Director with HD600? Thanks.

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #12,388 of 23,456

o2/odac combo

This has been discussed here but I and others have had issue's with the HD600\O2 pairing. My HD600 sounds excellent with my other amps but sounded similar to your experience with my O2.
If you want to know what other equipment I use with my HD600's you  can check my profile.

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #12,389 of 23,456
  o2/odac combo

Not a recommended pairing for the HD-600/650 by many.  I've borrowed my friends O2/ODAC and for the price its really good but with the HD-600/650 it made them a little to bright for me and my GF.  For something in the same price range the Aune T1 was a much better pairing and for the price the BH Crack is about as good as I've heard for under $1000.  If you have money falling out of your pockets then I would look in to an AudioGD Master 7 DAC and Eddie Current Balancing act AMP, heard this combo at my friends house in Japan this pass week and it was the best I ever heard the HD-650 sound, but way out of my price range.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #12,390 of 23,456
I listen to them on a magni 2 uber, on low gain at about 11 o'clock volume. They sound good, but I feel the imaging and soundstage is lacking with this combo, sounds a bit "in your face" to me. From my understanding, certain tube amps can give them a better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back