Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #5,267 of 23,482
What is ..."air" ....astronauts do let off air...no? :p

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #5,268 of 23,482
Ignore me. I've had a very bad day.

Have a better day tomorrow, my skin is thick enough. Heck, I've been to the dentist today and my eyes didn't fall out. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #5,269 of 23,482
  It will improve the quality of sound if you believe it to do so. IMO, unless your equipment has a poorly designed power supply or is unstable, has noise or hum, this is a waste of money. If someone enjoys such a device, then that's fine with me. Hmm, isn't this device discontinued?

Well, I'm just interested to know your opinion since you mention you create power supply.

Based on your word for cable etc, those who get cable etc are scammed with willingness or wasting money. That's must make someone feel bad.
biggrin.gif

I wish I am the same like you, hear zero different in varies audio player, cable, etc so I don't waste my money.
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #5,270 of 23,482

Well, I'm just interested to know your opinion since you mention you create power supply.

Based on your word for cable etc, those who get cable etc are scammed with willingness or wasting money. That's must make someone feel bad.
biggrin.gif

I wish I am the same like you, hear zero different in varies audio player, cable, etc so I don't waste my money.
beerchug.gif

I hear the zero difference between a defective cable and a good cable or defective equipment and good equipment. If you enjoy cables made from platinum, gold and diamonds, who am I to close your wallet? 
biggrin.gif
 You will get far more by spending $100 on a Schitt Magni amp and $500 on headphones than spending $500 on an amp and $100 on headphones. Why is that?

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #5,272 of 23,482
So, the HD600. I'm enjoying my pair from my Fiio X3 which powers them easily (volume). They sound great, but maybe lacking dynamics a touch. DAC/Amp expected tomorrow.

Which DAC/Amp are you getting? Is the DAC in the X3 deficient that you need an external DAC or is it more like the Amp in the X3 can't drive the HD600? So many questions - lol. You planning to take the X3 Coax out to the DAC/Amp? If the X3 DAC is good, maybe take the line out to a better amp. If you need a portable Amp the E12 can output >15.5 Vp-p vs the > 8 Vp-p of the X3 which is about 6 dB of gain.
I have an HD600 and find it decently efficient and easy to drive for 300 Ohm cans.
Hey, enjoy tomorrow's new toy.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #5,273 of 23,482
  I hear the zero difference between a defective cable and a good cable or defective equipment and good equipment. If you enjoy cables made from platinum, gold and diamonds, who am I to close your wallet? 
biggrin.gif
 You will get far more by spending $100 on a Schitt Magni amp and $500 on headphones than spending $500 on an amp and $100 on headphones. Why is that?

Because you don't spend $600 for cable? Well, though I can hear the difference between cheap interconnect vs Canare cable interconnect. Instead of changing my current DAC amp cable, I get my self new amp which is on the way.

And I won't get cable from platinum or gold. I'd be happy to get a gold bracelet or earing and give to my wife.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #5,274 of 23,482
  Which DAC/Amp are you getting? Is the DAC in the X3 deficient that you need an external DAC or is it more like the Amp in the X3 can't drive the HD600? So many questions - lol. You planning to take the X3 Coax out to the DAC/Amp? If the X3 DAC is good, maybe take the line out to a better amp. If you need a portable Amp the E12 can output >15.5 Vp-p vs the > 8 Vp-p of the X3 which is about 6 dB of gain.
I have an HD600 and find it decently efficient and easy to drive for 300 Ohm cans.
Hey, enjoy tomorrow's new toy.

What portable amp you tried with HD 600? My headphone case is already trouble me traveling. I want something USB powered like JDS C5.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #5,275 of 23,482
Haha, I've only heard the 600s from my laptop and X3. I think the 600 sounds great from both. I'd be happy with their sound regardless of a new DAC/amp but I'm also getting the HE400 soon.

I'm planning on using the 600 for desktop use through the modi and vali. I'm probably just going to keep the amperiors for on the go.

I can't say how good the X3 is as a DAC, but I figured if I was picking up the Vali I might as well pick up the Modi too.

So basically I'm very happy with the HD600 from these sources, but I'm interested to see how the Modi and Vali makes an impact. Plus I feel like I'll need them for the HE400. If not, I'll just sell or return them. I won't know unless I try though!

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #5,276 of 23,482
Bottlehead haven't ship my Crack yet, they must been so busy. Oh my... I'm sure I will receive my Crack next year. Well, at least I can prepare 25% for import tax. Damn.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #5,277 of 23,482
  Because you don't spend $600 for cable? Well, though I can hear the difference between cheap interconnect vs Canare cable interconnect. Instead of changing my current DAC amp cable, I get my self new amp which is on the way.

And I won't get cable from platinum or gold. I'd be happy to get a gold bracelet or earing and give to my wife.
biggrin.gif

Don't tell your wife about how much you spent on a 2 inch interconnect or you'll have to buy her even  more jewelry. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #5,278 of 23,482
  Don't tell your wife about how much you spent on a 2 inch interconnect or you'll have to buy her even  more jewelry. 
biggrin.gif

Lol... Well, I haven't bought any interconnect or custom cable but I tried few cables and interconnect. The reason I plan to get custom cable is because I hate long stock cable, and I aim for the affordable, not the premium grade. Of course you can braid or tie with zip tie etc but I prefer minimalism, and yet they looks better. Both of my FA-003 and HD 600 cable is a mess. Phew...

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,279 of 23,482

What portable amp you tried with HD 600? My headphone case is already trouble me traveling. I want something USB powered like JDS C5.

The JDS C5 looks good on paper. The FiiO E12 looks to deliver a higher Vp-p, maybe 4.5 Vp-p higher, still the C5 looks to be loud enough. I have an E12 and it works well with the HD600, is solidly built for travel and has very good battery life. And yes, it sounds good.

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #5,280 of 23,482
  The JDS C5 looks good on paper. The FiiO E12 looks to deliver a higher Vp-p, maybe 4.5 Vp-p higher, still the C5 looks to be loud enough. I have an E12 and it works well with the HD600, is solidly built for travel and has very good battery life. And yes, it sounds good.

Thanks.. The reason I ask a lot is because there's no nearest place to try. Buy based on online review. Sad... Get a lot of feedback and try to compare the choices. Thanks again, will check out E12 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back