Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #22,096 of 23,456
I don’t think i ever wrote in this thread yet, but I recently got the HD600 to go along with the rest of my collection and my god these headphones are awesome. I’ve become kind of a timbre freak, and the natural timbre these headphones bring out of my music is magic. I never heard vocalists so realistic, same goes with instruments more specifically acoustic and strings. I don’t mind a headphone that has some color to it (big grado fan!) but it’s wonderful to hear the songs essentially without any colorization. I’m playing Neil young right now, and it just sounds so wonderful. Just wanted to add my two cents lol
I added a pair of these to the collection also just a few days ago. I'm listening to Analogue Productions SACD of Ben Webster's, The Soul of Ben Webster and they're great with jazz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #22,097 of 23,456
Apr 25, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #22,098 of 23,456
I don’t think i ever wrote in this thread yet, but I recently got the HD600 to go along with the rest of my collection and my god these headphones are awesome. I’ve become kind of a timbre freak, and the natural timbre these headphones bring out of my music is magic. I never heard vocalists so realistic, same goes with instruments more specifically acoustic and strings. I don’t mind a headphone that has some color to it (big grado fan!) but it’s wonderful to hear the songs essentially without any colorization. I’m playing Neil young right now, and it just sounds so wonderful. Just wanted to add my two cents lol
Happy for you. The HD600 is simply amazing and I’m sure you’ll enjoy them for a long, long time. I know a lot of people will disagree with my following statement but I don’t care; I personally believe that the HD600 is the best *regular market headphone Sennheiser has ever produced.

*not taking into account the HE90 Orpheus I & II or the HE60.

Apr 25, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #22,099 of 23,456
My first open backs were Grados, I still have a couple pair. But I seem to always come back to my HD 600s.

Apr 26, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #22,100 of 23,456
I know a lot of people will disagree with my following statement but I don’t care; I personally believe that the HD600 is the best *regular market headphone Sennheiser has ever produced.

Probably nobody in this thread though :D

Apr 30, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #22,101 of 23,456
Hello, I am writing here for the first time) There is an opportunity for a very nice amount to purchase marble HD600 in perfect condition. There are no alternatives in the place where I live, and besides, I really like how most people describe the sound of these headphones, it suits my taste. Tell me, are there any differences in sound from the new version? I am not very good at understanding their versions, but it seems to me that although they are marble, they are not old (tell me, who knows when they stopped producing marble, please). If the headphones were not used, then the pads do not wear out? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #22,102 of 23,456
Hello, I am writing here for the first time) There is an opportunity for a very nice amount to purchase marble HD600 in perfect condition. There are no alternatives in the place where I live, and besides, I really like how most people describe the sound of these headphones, it suits my taste. Tell me, are there any differences in sound from the new version? I am not very good at understanding their versions, but it seems to me that although they are marble, they are not old (tell me, who knows when they stopped producing marble, please). If the headphones were not used, then the pads do not wear out? Thanks in advance!
There is no difference in sound between the marble and new version. The new version came out in 2019. The pads would only wear out with use.

May 1, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #22,103 of 23,456
Разницы в звуке между мраморной и новой версией нет. Новая версия вышла в 2019 году. Колодки изнашивались только по мере ииспользован

There is no difference in sound between the marble and new version. The new version came out in 2019. The pads would only wear out with use.
Thank you so much, you helped me a lot and put my mind at ease!

May 8, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #22,104 of 23,456
That's my charm!) I bought from a person, unused, in perfect condition (only the headband pillows were crumpled, they were on the stand, but I have hair, so this does not cause discomfort). By the clamp, it is clearly felt that they were hardly worn. Everything has already been said about the sound here, I’ll just say that I became a fan of these amazing headphones, and if I needed to buy new headphones under $ 400-500, I would take them without hesitation. Finally a birthday with a gift)) My best purchase in many, many years.

Attachments

• IMG20220509011624.jpg
    IMG20220509011624.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20220509011552.jpg
    IMG20220509011552.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #22,105 of 23,456
That's my charm!) I bought from a person, unused, in perfect condition (only the headband pillows were crumpled, they were on the stand, but I have hair, so this does not cause discomfort). By the clamp, it is clearly felt that they were hardly worn. Everything has already been said about the sound here, I’ll just say that I became a fan of these amazing headphones, and if I needed to buy new headphones under $ 400-500, I would take them without hesitation. Finally a birthday with a gift)) My best purchase in many, many years.
Congratulations on getting one of the best headphones ever made. Your new headphone will scale up to $10k worth of electronics.

May 8, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #22,106 of 23,456
You can get very inexpensive replacements for the headband cushions from Sennheiser. I got some in the past for $6 USD or so.

May 9, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #22,107 of 23,456
You can get very inexpensive replacements for the headband cushions from Sennheiser. I got some in the past for $6 USD or so.
Thank you very much for the recommendation, but the problem is that I live in a place where it is very difficult to think about headband pads these days: Ukraine. You understand ... But it really doesn’t cause me any discomfort at the moment, and if it suddenly starts to happen, I’ll try to make something.)

May 9, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #22,108 of 23,456
Congratulations on getting one of the best headphones ever made. Your new headphone will scale up to $10k worth of electronics.
I keep wondering what the 660s's are like compared to the 600, but anyway, the 600's met and exceeded all my expectations. And I wanted to ask: is it difficult to remove the ear pads and headband lining, if suddenly they need to be washed or cleaned? I'm afraid to break something with my crooked hands)

May 10, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #22,110 of 23,456
Or much less with an OTL tube amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back