Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #948 of 1,133
Nah, they just take whatever angle your head gives them. Driver baffles are flat.

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #950 of 1,133
Versus as unmodified M50x? Yes.  M50's bass has nothing on HD7/8.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #953 of 1,133
You can get one off of eBay.

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #954 of 1,133
My HD8 DJs went back. Clamping pressure was immense and didn't soften up, not to mention the lack of padding on the top gave me a constantly bruised head. Also, the squeaking became super annoying, replaced once and the same problem occurred.

Had them replaced with a pair of IE80s (which took 2 stock problems and 3 weeks to get to me). Overall, not a great experience with Sennheiser...

EDIT: IE80s sound miles better than the HD8 DJs. Clearer sound and highs are quite as fatiguing.

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #955 of 1,133
The HD6 Mix is actually a little different from the other two headphones, the 7 DJ and the 8 DJ, because the 6 Mix is to be, is designed to be used for studio mixing.

So it’s designed to be used for studio production, the sound should be a little more balanced, and a little more neutral than the other two, because the 7 DJ and the 8 DJ are designed to be used in gigs, by DJs, for beat tracking.

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #956 of 1,133
  The HD6 Mix is actually a little different from the other two headphones, the 7 DJ and the 8 DJ, because the 6 Mix is to be, is designed to be used for studio mixing.

So it’s designed to be used for studio production, the sound should be a little more balanced, and a little more neutral than the other two, because the 7 DJ and the 8 DJ are designed to be used in gigs, by DJs, for beat tracking.

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Tyll says these equally bad, not for audiophiles. Might be good for DJs. And i dont care about these anymore After the amperior.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #957 of 1,133

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

HD6 sounds nearly the same, just as colored actually, but more tonally balanced and has veiled bass.  No Sennheiser I've ever tried (and I've tried most of the wired full-sized sets) had a veiled sound despite all the claims around here about "Sennheiser veil", but this HD6 is a first.  I like its sensitivity - a bit low but not too low.
But HD7 and 8 frickin' rule.

Tyll says these equally bad, not for audiophiles. Might be good for DJs. And i dont care about these anymore After the amperior.

Loads of audiophiles use far more colored-sounding headphones than HD6/7/8.
Amperior rocks, if you want something more physically compact, sonically more polite, a little less hi-fi, and less open-sounding than the excellent HD7/8.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #958 of 1,133
Hi I thinking about buying the HD8 DJ headphones, could somebody with a pair listen to this and tell me if they can reproduce a 50 hertz sine wave without any distortion or rattling of the driver at a loud listening volume.

http://www.soundsnap.com/node/97362

Thanks  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back