Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Apr 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #962 of 1,133
I also got me a HD 8 DJ. After bending the metal portion of the headband a lot, they are quite comfy. The noise thing from the joints is also easily fixed already. Will report my sound impressions later then.

May 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #963 of 1,133
Can anyone please tell me if the Alcantara pads for Shure 1540 and ATH M50x headphones will fit on the HD8 DJ?
The stock ear pads get very warm and sweaty because they aren't really thermally conductive...

May 5, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #964 of 1,133
Can anyone please tell me if the Alcantara pads for Shure 1540 and ATH M50x headphones will fit on the HD8 DJ?
The stock ear pads get very warm and sweaty because they aren't really thermally conductive...

Did you swap the stock velour pads? If you did and noticed the unique attaching mechanism, there's no reason to assume any other pad would fit. Unless you start sewing (well gluing) to the stock frame.

May 5, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #965 of 1,133
Yeah I did notice the plastic bits used for attaching the frame to the headphone....
It's sad, really, that such an expensive and nice sounding headphone gets pads this bad...

But do you think the frame in general is the same size as Shure? I could use Velcro or double sided tape to attach the ear pads, but I don't know if the frame itself would fit or be too large or too small...

May 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #966 of 1,133
Pretty sure it's smaller than Shure or most...

Though can't agree how the pads are bad, you even get extra velours. And my ears fit comfortably completely inside unlike many others. It's still designed as portable with great isolation so it's not intended to "breathe".

But hey, if there's will, there's a way... start cutting things up and report. 
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #967 of 1,133
Pretty sure it's smaller than Shure or most...

Though can't agree how the pads are bad, you even get extra velours. And my ears fit comfortably completely inside unlike many others. It's still designed as portable with great isolation so it's not intended to "breathe".

But hey, if there's will, there's a way... start cutting things up and report. :D

You can get breathable pads that are excellent at sound insulation... Just look at any Beyerdynamic ear pad.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #969 of 1,133
My hd6's are arriving tomorrow 
smily_headphones1.gif
hopefully my search for a good sounding, neutral headphone with good comfort and isolation will be over, otherwise i'm starting to run out of options
eek.gif
  I've tried most of the others like the hp50's, spirit pros, 7506's, 7520's, dt1350's, mt220's and they all fall short in one or more areas unfortunately.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #970 of 1,133
Can you try the Akai MPC or M-Audio HDH50?  You probably won't find a better choice easily (they're actually the same headphone); they isolate very, very well and comfort, at least for me, is great.  They are more neutral than most closed headphones at $200 and under in the US, I don't know about where you live.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #971 of 1,133
My hd6's are arriving tomorrow :) hopefully my search for a good sounding, neutral headphone with good comfort and isolation will be over, otherwise i'm starting to run out of options :eek:   I've tried most of the others like the hp50's, spirit pros, 7506's, 7520's, dt1350's, mt220's and they all fall short in one or more areas unfortunately.

7520>>>>>>HD8. And I loved the HD8. Using the new Pioneer HDJ 2000 MK2...

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #972 of 1,133
  Can you try the Akai MPC or M-Audio HDH50?  You probably won't find a better choice easily (they're actually the same headphone); they isolate very, very well and comfort, at least for me, is great.  They are more neutral than most closed headphones at $200 and under in the US, I don't know about where you live.

I've never seen them in store or on any of the local headphone websites, I'll have to hunt around and see if those brands are available here in australia. Cheers for the recommendations!

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #973 of 1,133
Just been listening to the hd6's for a few hours and these just might be what i've been looking for! Their great comfort and isolation were immediately noticeable, they fit my head very nicely and securely and block outside noise very well. The so-called straight cable is quite horrible, it curls and twists itself up a lot and will not stay straight at all, the coiled cable is much more manageable. My initial impression of their sound is they remind me a lot of the focal spirit pros to some degree. The bottom end definitely has more kick to it and sounds well above neutral to my ears. Now i like a good bass response and overall i find it very satisfying with good weight and extension, i can only imagine how much bass the hd7&8 must have, probably too much for my tastes which is not something i often say about headphones. The midrange has been somewhat surprising, both male and female vocals come across very nicely and almost sound a touch forward. Uppermids and treble seem a lot like the spirit pros in that they sound a bit below neutral which makes them very easy to listen to and fatigue is minimal. The velour pads seem to reduce the low end emphasis a touch which helps to balance them out a bit more.
So far i've been quite impressed, these might just be keepers
beyersmile.png

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #974 of 1,133
Still loving my HD8.
They almost feel... "therapeutic"?  I'm not sure how to describe that quality that they have.

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #975 of 1,133
Has it been mentioned how HD7s compare to Amperiors and DT1350s?  I own the latter two and wondering if it will be worth the purchase ($170 on MassDrop).  I don't care just to scroll through 65 pages for nothing LOL 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back