Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #917 of 1,133
  I just had my third listen to the 8 tonight, A-B-C-ing with the Shure 1540 and Fostex TH600, as I continue my search for a closed, isolating, non-leaking HP.  I have to say I do not understand all the mediocre and negative reviews of these Senns.  (Innerfidelity didn`t even think them worthy of a review).  SQ-wise I rate them on par with the 1540, ie, excellent, with maybe a little narrower soundstage, but with far far better isolation. (I`ll admit the 1540 can be manipulated through bending to fit better, potentially)  The TH600 don`t seem to isolate at all, just like the old Denons, and are therefore useless for me.  Both the DJ8 and 1540 are bassy, and approach my line of overly bassy, but don`t quite reach it for me, which makes both of them acceptable.  Both sound excellent, with the DJ8 having so many more perks, like foldability, at 75% the price of the Shures.  

I haven`t ruled out the Shures, but the DJ is at the top of my closed HP list.  Next challenger is the SONY Z7. 

NAD Viso HP50?

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #918 of 1,133
  NAD Viso HP50?

I wish.

No distribution in Japan, apparently; I can`t find them anywhere.  Could go amazon.com, but I need to try before I buy.  I could wait and get them in Bangkok later this year, but I`ve got a 6-week trip through NZ planned before heading to Thailand, I need `phones with me and there`s no bloody way I`m buying any gear in NZ, at those very un-fun NZ prices, as much as I love the place.  

d

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #919 of 1,133

149 bucks for a HD7 couldn't resist.

My first impressions: solid build, easily loud enough on HTC phone, stupid long cable for non DJ casual head-fiers like me, sound is well seperated, slightly cavernous which gives it a nice stage, vocals are pretty good and naturral despite the strong bass. The highs are there but they don't have the bite of say the Amperior.

Overall they are fun!

Better order that portable cable for them. I think the comfort on them is good.

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #920 of 1,133

149 bucks for a HD7 couldn't resist.

My first impressions: solid build, easily loud enough on HTC phone, stupid long cable for non DJ casual head-fiers like me, sound is well seperated, slightly cavernous which gives it a nice stage, vocals are pretty good and naturral despite the strong bass. The highs are there but they don't have the bite of say the Amperior.

Overall they are fun!

Better order that portable cable for them. I think the comfort on them is good.

$149 wHERE

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #922 of 1,133
  not USD, EUR sorry. €. Open box item from Sennheiser distributor for my country. Also had HD700 for 300€.

Oh haha, yea. Still a pretty good price. I got mine for $229 new, (180 euro).

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #923 of 1,133
Both HD8 DJ and HD7 DJ are focused on the rhythm and beat matching that professional DJs need. Between the two, the HD8 DJ offers a clear and more detailed sound with excellent bass, while the HD7 DJ has a more engaging, dynamic sound tuning with a stronger bass emphasis.  

Thanks for this feedback. I've already informed the product manager and he's looking into it.  :wink_face:  

Hey Rosmadi....
Any word on the shorter cable? I need something shorter when I'm in the gym...

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #924 of 1,133

Both HD8 DJ and HD7 DJ are focused on the rhythm and beat matching that professional DJs need. Between the two, the HD8 DJ offers a clear and more detailed sound with excellent bass, while the HD7 DJ has a more engaging, dynamic sound tuning with a stronger bass emphasis.  

Thanks for this feedback. I've already informed the product manager and he's looking into it.  
wink_face.gif

Hey Rosmadi....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSennheiser+HD7DJ+Cable&_nkw=Sennheiser+HD7DJ+Cable&_sacat=0

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #926 of 1,133
Hey Rosmadi....

Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this now but I'll definitely put up a post as soon as I hear from our product management. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #927 of 1,133
I tried an M50x short cable on my HD8.  It fit, it locked, and it chipped the paint around the jack entrance of the cup.  Yay.  =\
Well, I've got a short cable.  So an M50x cable is good but one must sand down the 2.5mm plug's casing to a smaller diameter, just a teensy bit.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #929 of 1,133
Hey Rosmadi, can you tell if the HD8 squaking/creaking is an "officially" acknowledged issue? There's just far too many reports about it on the internet to be some "single manufacturing defect". I'm curious if it's fixed or Q/A enhanced.

I'm thinking of getting it (again) for a shootoff with Ultrasone 840, but if I do end up with HD8 for good, I reeeaallly don't want to play the return/replace game to just get another friggin squaky pair.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #930 of 1,133
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not officially classified as a "defect" until enough customers starts reporting about it, then they will more or less forced to deal with it or it leaves a bad impression among customers. At least this is how it usually works.

Sadly squeeky parts seem to not be high up in the priority list for manufacturers as it seems rather common thing. Who wants to have a squeeky headphone as soon as you move around a little? It's not like it's fun to sit completely still. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back