Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #5,086 of 7,535
IMO, the HD-598 are great sounding 'phones, but they lack in bass and are a bit bright for my taste. Having said that, they by FAR get the most head time of all my current 'phones (see profile for full list). Due to the lack of deep and pronounced bass, they aren't the best for movie watching. For that, I like to turn to my Audio Technica ATH-M50X (my 2nd fave pair of the ones I own). I also like the M50X for bass heavy music (dubstep, rap, electronic, metal, etc).   

As far as what would be considered good for gaming, I honestly have no clue as I am not a gamer, sorry...I cannot offer any advice there. :xf_eek:                        

No man. I really appreciate it. And that basically summarizes what I've learned from all of my reading. I really want that clarity and pronounced mid for most of my music. And book listening. I love all genres and record my own. So that's just as important as the movie/game aspect.

But it seems like maybe I could buy the 50x now(for $99) to do a little bit of everything, including movies. And hopefully eventually get the 598s for music especially. *dream scenario* But if they drop in price I may swap that idea haha... I obsess about this stuff.

But thanks again. Helps a lot.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #5,092 of 7,535
I am getting a deal with 598 for 99$. I listen mostly post rock and classical. Should I go for them?

Same as above, there's a deal going on at Amazon India, the 598SE for 100 bucks, is it worth buying?

75GBP on amazon.co.uk for all black HD598.

You guys are wasting precious time by asking.  At that price, GO BUY THEM NOW!  And buy a spare pair to keep in the cupboard.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #5,095 of 7,535

You guys are wasting precious time by asking.  At that price, GO BUY THEM NOW!  And buy a spare pair to keep in the cupboard.

Well I have ordered mine already. Now I want to cancel the Koss Ksc75 I previously ordered. But in India there is a problem with cancelling orders. It would be sad if I don't get a refund. By the way it's the black version of 598. Is the sound any different?

I was thinking what should I do with the koss now. I guess 598 will be loads better.. Maybe I can use Koss for portable use. But I already got my klipsch s4i rugged for that...

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #5,097 of 7,535
The 598SE is currently 94.99 on Amazon. I'm really tempted to get them. However, I still own the 595s which I've had for over 10 years and they're still in great shape. I just don't know if I should bother upgrading at this point.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #5,100 of 7,535

Well I have ordered mine already. Now I want to cancel the Koss Ksc75 I previously ordered. But in India there is a problem with cancelling orders. It would be sad if I don't get a refund. By the way it's the black version of 598. Is the sound any different?

I was thinking what should I do with the koss now. I guess 598 will be loads better.. Maybe I can use Koss for portable use. But I already got my klipsch s4i rugged for that...

The deal looks like it disappeared :frowning2:

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back