Sennheiser HD 419 Impressions
Feb 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #18 of 30
Just got back to these after giving them a break for two months. I still stand behind my original reaction while noticing now what a creamy texture they seem to have. The treble has a veiled sound yet still very clear in a warm way as if someone put a thin piece of cloth over some bookshelf speakers to tone down the treble.

Am finding the sound of the Sennheiser HD 419 to be very relaxing and not as in my face as my other headphones i guess due to the lack sharp treble.

Glad i got back to these and saw my purchase at Best Buy was justified. Definitely a different sound even compared to other Sennheiser headphones such as the HD 202.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #19 of 30
I was looking forward to buy these headphones ! 
But im a bit confused between the HD 419 and HD 428 ! 
Which one should i buy ?! 
Im a Big Metal/Rock/Alt-Rock Fan....soo which headphones should i opt for !?! 

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:
I was looking forward to buy these headphones ! 
But im a bit confused between the HD 419 and HD 428 ! 
Which one should i buy ?! 
Im a Big Metal/Rock/Alt-Rock Fan....soo which headphones should i opt for !?! 

I would take HD419>HD428 because HD428 lacks bass response needed for those genres and it has a really long cable (3.5m if I remember correctly). I'm not sure about the HD429, but HD419>HD428 for sure.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
Can you give thorough comparison between HD419 429 439 449? 
I found SQ on HD4x9s upgraded by Sennheiser, in very positive way compared to HD4x8

I can do that for all but the HD429 I don't own it, I own the other three though. I will post one on my blog after I finish reviewing them.

Quick summery:
HD419: The most laid back and bass heavy of the group. Sounds a tad veiled in the mids and the treble.
HD439: Most say it is the "bass heavy" version of the HD449, but that is totally false (at least to my ears anyways). The HD439 are mid centric rather then bass centric like the HD419 or treble centric like the HD449. Though there is a shard of truth in the "bass heavy" comment as it does have more bass response then the HD449, but not by that much.
HD449: Most aggressive of the group, it has really smooth prominent treble that is occasionally grainy. The sound signature really reminds me of the HD558/HD598 sound signature

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

I can do that for all but the HD429 I don't own it, I own the other three though. I will post one on my blog after I finish reviewing them.

Quick summery:
HD419: The most laid back and bass heavy of the group. Sounds a tad veiled in the mids and the treble.
HD439: Most say it is the "bass heavy" version of the HD449, but that is totally false (at least to my ears anyways). The HD439 are mid centric rather then bass centric like the HD419 or treble centric like the HD449. Though there is a shard of truth in the "bass heavy" comment as it does have more bass response then the HD449, but not by that much.
HD449: Most aggressive of the group, it has really smooth prominent treble that is occasionally grainy. The sound signature really reminds me of the HD558/HD598 sound signature

thank you . If you can get someone's 429 or seeing at local store please audition it. 
Personally i kinda fans of sennheiser-classic sound ->  419. Is it the best all-arounder for all genres? 
Still curious about 429.
Between 439 & 449 which one you prefer better? and which genres or song best represent their advantage?

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

thank you . If you can get someone's 429 or seeing at local store please audition it. 
Personally i kinda fans of sennheiser-classic sound ->  419. Is it the best all-arounder for all genres? 
Still curious about 429.
Between 439 & 449 which one you prefer better? and which genres or song best represent their advantage?

I would say I'm leaning towards the HD439 as the treble can get a little overwhelming on the HD449 and less exhausting. Also HD439 has a removable cable instead of a pouch. 

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:
I would say I'm leaning towards the HD439 as the treble can get a little overwhelming on the HD449 and less exhausting. Also HD439 has a removable cable instead of a pouch. 

mid-centric quite okay with me actually.
But is there any improvement in bass & SQ department? Last time i had HD438, I found the signature not quite lush and smooth, a bit dry, bass too tight. 

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

mid-centric quite okay with me actually.
But is there any improvement in bass & SQ department? Last time i had HD438, I found the signature not quite lush and smooth, a bit dry, bass too tight. 

Can't say, I only have the HD428 I don't have the HD438 so I can't say how much it's improved. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #28 of 30
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any ear CANAL discomfort with these. I got a refurbished pair from DAHMART through amazon. I've never experienced anything like it with headphones before (and I've been through quite a few cans). It's like there's a certain frequency that is possibly projecting intermittently (?). I don't know. I say that because after extended periods (30 minutes to an hour), it feels like my ear canal tightens up and almost as if my equilibrium gets affected just barely.

I'm wondering if something is amiss with the refurbishing job. Maybe a faulty connection? They sound good -- I don't notice anything strange sound-wise. I haven't read anyone else complaining about anything like this. DAHMART is supposedly an authorized Senn blah blah....

Another unrelated issue I have with these is the fabric on the ear pads are noisy. When you slide them across your skin to adjust the placement, they make an loud awful noise.

Outside of these complaints, they're great! :wink:

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any ear CANAL discomfort with these. I got a refurbished pair from DAHMART through amazon. I've never experienced anything like it with headphones before (and I've been through quite a few cans). It's like there's a certain frequency that is possibly projecting intermittently (?). I don't know. I say that because after extended periods (30 minutes to an hour), it feels like my ear canal tightens up and almost as if my equilibrium gets affected just barely.
I'm wondering if something is amiss with the refurbishing job. Maybe a faulty connection? They sound good -- I don't notice anything strange sound-wise. I haven't read anyone else complaining about anything like this. DAHMART is supposedly an authorized Senn blah blah....
Another unrelated issue I have with these is the fabric on the ear pads are noisy. When you slide them across your skin to adjust the placement, they make an loud awful noise.
Outside of these complaints, they're great!
wink.gif

Sounds like you have over driven your meat interface. IE turn the volume down silly because you're rocking your meaty bits in a way they aren't used to.

I experienced something similar to this with headphones I've been using for years. It was because I got a headphone amp and I was playing it really loud, but I didn't realize it because it was so smooth and non-fatigueing at high volume. Took me taking the cans off my head and hearing how loud they were like that to realize I was pulverizing my eardrums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back