Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #166 of 1,054
Appearantly yes. Honestly, I wouldn't pay extra for limited edition or other funcy things as long as they don't improve SQ. But some people like it and I do understand it, if you like it too, go for it really both are wonderful cans. My only point is, they are more or less the same stuff, you can always get an aftermarket cable for these world known most seller headphones. Construction is pretty much same except the cups and people say amperior has a big advantage cuz of the cups. I would only get 1 of them actually. Nevertheless if you like it and also thinking about collections too, go for them I would say. If I had money to spare I would like to have them both too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound(!) advice there mate. I'll make an offer. I don't really want to pay £500 for them.

I suppose "need" doesn't come into it. More a want. :)

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #168 of 1,054
Anyone know of a good hard case for the amperior?

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #171 of 1,054
I was lucky enough to find a pair in the HMV blue cross sale for £142.00 and I'm looking forward to testing them over the next few days.

From what I read here I'm in for an exciting time.

Ah lucky! Enjoy and let us know what you think. I bought a second pair for £156ish because I like them so much. They get better the more you use them too! My well burned in pair sounds very different to my new pair.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #172 of 1,054
Quote:
I was lucky enough to find a pair in the HMV blue cross sale for £142.00 and I'm looking forward to testing them over the next few days.

From what I read here I'm in for an exciting time.

Mate, that's an awesome price. Enjoy your superb cans. I wish I was that lucky too 
smile_phones.gif

As already mentioned, it seems like there is a long burning in process. I prefer to do it while using it day to day but some people have their own special tracks for burning in if you are interested I can try to find some links for you or you can do your own search too.

Anyway, welcome to the club.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #173 of 1,054
Wait, so are they being discontinued or not? I haven't yet heard any official news of this.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #174 of 1,054
April fools is still a month away. :)

But honestly, is this for certain? The apple store still has them so i'm not sure what to believe... Will grab a silver asap if so to join the blue's.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #175 of 1,054
Hey all,

Might be a silly qu but does anyone know if the drivers from the HD25-1 II are interchangeable with the ones from the Amperiors. In other words, is it possible to take the drivers out of the HD25 and slot them into the aluminium cups of the Amperiors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back