Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #184 of 1,054
I'm new to the club. After having some Grado's SR60 and SR80 for around 8 years. Just grabbed a pair of blue amperiors!

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #185 of 1,054
A picture of me with my new blue amperiors! cheers to the forum!!

for the thread

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #186 of 1,054
Still no official news regarding these being discontinued as far as I can see; false alarm?

Gotta say I'm very happy with my silver ex-display model from HMV... Absolute steal with the discounts they had recently (box and cables present and correct).

These are my first set of top quality headphones so I can't comment on SQ relative to other high end phones, but I'm happier with the purchase every day. My choice came down to these and the Momentums, but when I compared them I preferred the punchiness in the bass.

The one functional improvement I could suggest would be some sort of click for the left ear cup to let you know it's in the correct position and to help keep it there. Also a case would take it up a notch, seeing as it's all about portability and "the streets". I really think V-Moda are showing the way with the overall package in this regard.

Really interested to find out the fate of these phones now. Find it hard to believe they would be withdrawn, surely there's still plenty of margin to play with in the price? Or is the machined aluminium proving too costly? I was willing to pay around £180- £200 for them so hopefully they would get more interest in that price bracket?

Personally, I think just a couple of features like a case and different headband finish would help with making this a complete package that's more desirable to style conscious consumers. It would also help make it a lifestyle choice to set it apart from its older brother. Right now it might be falling into a black hole between HD25-1ii enthusiasts unwilling to fork out the extra cash and those looking for an alternative to the Beats crowd who wouldn't forego the (perceived) polished finish.

Really though I hope these phones continue, because where it counts they've got it in spades!

P.S This is my first ever post on head-fi. Thanks for all the great advice and opinions that led me to the Amperiors!

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #187 of 1,054
Quote:
Still no official news regarding these being discontinued as far as I can see; false alarm?

Gotta say I'm very happy with my silver ex-display model from HMV... Absolute steal with the discounts they had recently (box and cables present and correct).

These are my first set of top quality headphones so I can't comment on SQ relative to other high end phones, but I'm happier with the purchase every day. My choice came down to these and the Momentums, but when I compared them I preferred the punchiness in the bass.

The one functional improvement I could suggest would be some sort of click for the left ear cup to let you know it's in the correct position and to help keep it there. Also a case would take it up a notch, seeing as it's all about portability and "the streets". I really think V-Moda are showing the way with the overall package in this regard.

Really interested to find out the fate of these phones now. Find it hard to believe they would be withdrawn, surely there's still plenty of margin to play with in the price? Or is the machined aluminium proving too costly? I was willing to pay around £180- £200 for them so hopefully they would get more interest in that price bracket?

Personally, I think just a couple of features like a case and different headband finish would help with making this a complete package that's more desirable to style conscious consumers. It would also help make it a lifestyle choice to set it apart from its older brother. Right now it might be falling into a black hole between HD25-1ii enthusiasts unwilling to fork out the extra cash and those looking for an alternative to the Beats crowd who wouldn't forego the (perceived) polished finish.

Really though I hope these phones continue, because where it counts they've got it in spades!

P.S This is my first ever post on head-fi. Thanks for all the great advice and opinions that led me to the Amperiors!

Congrats on the Amperiors and your first post! 

Welcome to head-fi and sorry for your wallet. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #188 of 1,054
Bought a new pair of Amperiors refurb. They came out to me in a box and looked new except for a small ding in the aluminum which I suspect got there during production because of where it is. The only downside is a slight channel imbalance, about 2 db from what my iphone measures. Anyone else experience this and think it'll simmer down with burn-in.?

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #189 of 1,054
Quote:
Bought a new pair of Amperiors refurb. They came out to me in a box and looked new except for a small ding in the aluminum which I suspect got there during production because of where it is. The only downside is a slight channel imbalance, about 2 db from what my iphone measures. Anyone else experience this and think it'll simmer down with burn-in.?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........................................................ not in Amperiors as well.. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #190 of 1,054
Quote:
A picture of me with my new blue amperiors! cheers to the forum!!

for the thread

Uh? glup... 
blink.gif
              hehe uh... 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #191 of 1,054
Just checking back in after I said I experienced a little channel imbalance. So the channels are pretty well matched now after about 20 hours solid burn-in with an assortment of trap, glitch hop and pink noise. Love these headphones 
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #192 of 1,054
Glad everything's fine and you're enjoying your Amperior! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Just checking back in after I said I experienced a little channel imbalance. So the channels are pretty well matched now after about 20 hours solid burn-in with an assortment of trap, glitch hop and pink noise. Love these headphones 
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #193 of 1,054
Just bought an Amperior off a head-fi member! For at home listening, I have my Mad Dogs which are pretty balanced and flattish, but I know that I wanted a fun and aggressive sounding portable, and the Sennheiser HD 25's had always intruiged me ever since I joined this forum. I can't wait to get them in! One thing I noticed is that my full-sized achieved a level of resolution that destroyed my IEMs. I'm hoping (and optimistic) that the Amperiors will achieve a similar level.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #195 of 1,054
Quote:
Just bought an Amperior off a head-fi member! For at home listening, I have my Mad Dogs which are pretty balanced and flattish, but I know that I wanted a fun and aggressive sounding portable, and the Sennheiser HD 25's had always intruiged me ever since I joined this forum. I can't wait to get them in! One thing I noticed is that my full-sized achieved a level of resolution that destroyed my IEMs. I'm hoping (and optimistic) that the Amperiors will achieve a similar level.

Please tell us your impressions of your Amperiors compared to the Mad Dogs. I was considering the MDs instead of the Amperiors, but the need of good source amplifier made me turn to my much simpler Amperiors. 
Also, i bought some refurb Amperiors. $160 vs $300 (MD with dog pads).

I do have a Nu Force amp... and i have noticed that it diminishes the bass. So, i am hearing them straight from source.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back