Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #151 of 1,054
Cable looks great, it might be worth trying a hair drier on the wrap to see if it has any more shrink in it.

Have your wife's headphones been burned-in? I'm sorely tempted to spend £45 as I'm not that keen in the stock cables anyway. Will be interesting to see how they compare at themeet regardless.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #160 of 1,054
No! No more Amperiors? Damn you, mass market consumers for not buying Sennheiser! 
Sub'd anyway :D

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #161 of 1,054
Maybe the Amperior is the send off for the HD-25?  Either way.  If I had the chance to buy them I certainly would.  They have generally proved to be an excellent pair of cans so far, and I expect to use them until I wear away the anodized finish on the ear cups... and then some.  Just need to secure a replacement extender cable due to the stock one breaking.  

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #163 of 1,054
why both of them just get what you exactly need? amperior or hd25? anyway if you think it is what you need, seems to me a not a bad deal if you are interested in limited editions.

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #164 of 1,054
why both of them just get what you exactly need? amperior or hd25? anyway if you think it is what you need, seems to me a not a bad deal if you are interested in limited editions.

Hi mate
I suppose they are quite iconic and would have been a nice collectors piece particularly now that the amperior will be discontinued. Seems like these day night editions are quite rare as well?

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #165 of 1,054
Appearantly yes. Honestly, I wouldn't pay extra for limited edition or other funcy things as long as they don't improve SQ. But some people like it and I do understand it, if you like it too, go for it really both are wonderful cans. My only point is, they are more or less the same stuff, you can always get an aftermarket cable for these world known most seller headphones. Construction is pretty much same except the cups and people say amperior has a big advantage cuz of the cups. I would only get 1 of them actually. Nevertheless if you like it and also thinking about collections too, go for them I would say. If I had money to spare I would like to have them both too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back