Sennheiser 448 vs 438 vs 428
Nov 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #18 of 154
@UnD

I would suggest that you worry less about the burn in time and process, and just play music through your headphones as much as you can, and enjoy the process of the sound improving as it goes. I know especially with my HD448's it was a pleasure to listen to them when I got them, and was even better hearing them get more detailed as time went on. The key is to enjoy your music through the headphones, not to worry about whether they're broken in or not.

--Eric

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #19 of 154
I'm with violeta88 on this one. Just listening to your music will eventually burn them in. If you're new to the headphone world anyway you might not even notice much of a difference with before and after. Enjoy your music and good luck with your purchase.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 154
Guys really, thank you very much for all your advices ! I appreciate your help as long as i'm just a noob that really loves listening to music ^^

I'm getting HD 438, i'll hope that they send them to me as soon as possible
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #21 of 154
Hey ! i just got my hd 438 ! ^^ and ive tested them a lot today

i'll say that im quite happy with them, they arent as bassy as what i was searching but still are nice ! i think i wont buy any other pair of headphones until they break ^^

see ya and thanks for all !!! :>

BTW: I thought this headphones were made of leather (those things that we put on our ears), but the material its another one that isn't this.. dunno how to say, its velvet

Isnt there any place where i can buy a pair of leather pads?
Thanks !

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #22 of 154
Try contacting the Sennheiser Distributor in your area and order a pair of the HD448 earpads. They will fit the HD438. The HD448 earpads are pleather, so they aren't exactly leather, but they are probably the closest that you will find for such a new model.

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #23 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by violeta88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try contacting the Sennheiser Distributor in your area and order a pair of the HD448 earpads. They will fit the HD438. The HD448 earpads are pleather, so they aren't exactly leather, but they are probably the closest that you will find for such a new model.

what i didnt understand is why in the photo of HD 438 there are pleather pads, and when i bought there were velvet :/

BTW !

dont know how but 6 hours of listening to music, and now the basses sound just AWESOME !!! ive never heard anything like this before.. im quite impressed, they are just... PERFECT.

oh and another thing: the headphones included a pair of jacks, one with a 3m extension and one with 1.4, but i dont really know how to replace it.. coz the one that are atm on them, seem not to be able to remove.. :/

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #25 of 154
Actually, the HD438 does have a different cable setup than the HD448 (it comes with a short and long cable that are detachable from the headphone, but do not connect to each other), but I'm unsure how exactly it is taken off (my guess is that you have to pull the cord sideways at the strain relief, judging from HeadRoom's picture of the long cable's termination at the headphone side). I would e-mail technical support at Sennheiser's website in your local country for more help with this.

Nov 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #26 of 154
hmm im sure they must be removed in order to connect the others, since one of the sides of the jack that isnt connected (currently the 3m one) is the SAME as the one that is connected

BTW: While they are being burning, they are just increasing sound quality !!! they are just INSANE atm !

HEY!!! WHILE i was writing this, i was trying to pull them etc, and finally GOT IT !!!

Each cable must be removed in order to put the other one, you just need to pull them in the direction that im gonna try to explain right now:

put your headphones on a table, and if they jack is at the "left pad", pull the jack to de LEFT, and not DOWN, i mean they are connected from a side, and not from down ^^

hope you understood me ! ^^

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 154
Hi I'm thinking of getting one of these cans too and need a recommondation on which is best. I listen to mostly to Metal and Hard Rock but also have a balance of all differant music like hip hop and classical. I would like an all around balanced can with a widen soundstage and decent bass and low distortion at High volumes. I would however like HD Sound but it would mean nothing if it did not have the widen soundstage to support it. Can anyone help with this decision cause I would love some good insight about it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #28 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by CronosX9x9X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I'm thinking of getting one of these cans too and need a recommondation on which is best. I listen to mostly to Metal and Hard Rock but also have a balance of all differant music like hip hop and classical. I would like an all around balanced can with a widen soundstage and decent bass and low distortion at High volumes. I would however like HD Sound but it would mean nothing if it did not have the widen soundstage to support it. Can anyone help with this decision cause I would love some good insight about it.[/FONT]

If I were you, I would consider either the open HD595 ($260 or so) or the closed HD438. Both would have better bass quantity than the HD448, and similar quality overall sound. The HD595 however, has wider and deeper imaging, but the HD4X8 series has good width and depth as well, so it comes down to your budget and how loud you want to play your music (the HD438 and HD448 will distort at really loud volumes, especially directly out of an ipod, while the HD595 will play extremely loud directly out of an ipod, very cleanly (though it needs an adaptor for the plug to fit into the jack of portable players). Hope this helps.

--Eric

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 154
I was hoping you would comment Violetta Cause i have read your posts about the 448's. I wanted the over ear design that are closed so none can hear my music at high volume what I have now are some sony noise canceling phones MDR-NC6 and I like how loud they get but suck at bass and distort at high levels, I have recently bought a Fiio e5 headphone amp and it brighten the sound made it louder and wider with a more detailed sound. So I would be using an amp with it and would like just to get one of the 400 series so the 428's arenot as good as the 438's and the 448's are not noticablely better than the 438's? cause the design of the 438's are like wearing wheels on your head but i don't really care but if I can save some money It would be good but I can well afford the 448's if they are reasonably better.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #30 of 154
Well, the reason why I suggested the HD438's to you was that the HD448's and the HD428's are going to sound lean in the bass if you are wanting full bass. The HD438's have a fuller bass response and should sound similar to the HD448's. However, they have velour earpads and won't seal as well as the HD448, but they should at least prevent a huge amount of leakage at loud volumes.

--Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back