SennGrado Thread
Feb 16, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #452 of 518
  Someone talks about using those in the non Grado driver thread, have you looked through that thread?

Thanks for the tip, missed out on them anyway so it's alright.

Here's my build I completed last night. Haven't had time to go it a good listen yet but they do look good :). Sorry for the potato quality picture.

Fleasbaby cups, Vivitar DJ headband, Grado L-cush, diy cable made myself. 

Only issue I noticed is that my ears touch the drivers, going to order some knock off G-cushion pads and try using part of the pad from the original px100-ii in combination with the L-cush. Hopefully one of those two will provide both a decent amount of comfort and not impact the sound too much.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #454 of 518

Thanks for the tip, missed out on them anyway so it's alright.

Here's my build I completed last night. Haven't had time to go it a good listen yet but they do look good :). Sorry for the potato quality picture.

Fleasbaby cups, Vivitar DJ headband, Grado L-cush, diy cable made myself. 

Only issue I noticed is that my ears touch the drivers, going to order some knock off G-cushion pads and try using part of the pad from the original px100-ii in combination with the L-cush. Hopefully one of those two will provide both a decent amount of comfort and not impact the sound too much.

From what I recall @wje, the originator of the SennGrado used Earzonk G-Cush...

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #456 of 518
I ordered a pair of knock off g-cush on ebay. The listing claims they're ear zonk but who knows. Comfort with the l-cush is significantly better after cutting the px100-ii pads and fitting it over the driver. Taking off my glasses also helps significantly. I'll probably take some better photos once I get it set up how I like it. On first impressions, I still prefer my HD 650s over the senngrados but going to give it a month to truly get used to the sound before I make any final judgment calls.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #457 of 518
  I ordered a pair of knock off g-cush on ebay. The listing claims they're ear zonk but who knows. Comfort with the l-cush is significantly better after cutting the px100-ii pads and fitting it over the driver. Taking off my glasses also helps significantly. I'll probably take some better photos once I get it set up how I like it. On first impressions, I still prefer my HD 650s over the senngrados but going to give it a month to truly get used to the sound before I make any final judgment calls.

If you don't mind a glasses recommendation, http://www.silhouette.com/us/en/home

They have negated any issues I could have with full sized headphones.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #458 of 518
Looking at putting a balanced cable on my SennGrado so that I can try it with my Pono and Codex. Not sure where to solder the ground wire. Any suggestions? Also, should I cut a wire in the headphone driver that make the drivers balanced? Your thoughts and pics would be helpful.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #459 of 518
Looking at putting a balanced cable on my SennGrado so that I can try it with my Pono and Codex. Not sure where to solder the ground wire. Any suggestions? Also, should I cut a wire in the headphone driver that make the drivers balanced? Your thoughts and pics would be helpful.

This might help: http://www.diyaudioblog.com/2015/03/pono-player-balanced-interconnect-cable.html

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #461 of 518

There is no ground wire on a balanced headphone cable. For interconnects, a balanced cable is three wire per channel (+, -, and ground). For headphone balanced cables, there is only two wires per channel. You should just reterminate the plug on your cable and be done.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #465 of 518
There is no ground wire on a balanced headphone cable. For interconnects, a balanced cable is three wire per channel (+, -, and ground). For headphone balanced cables, there is only two wires per channel. You should just reterminate the plug on your cable and be done.

Thanks so much! I appreciate your thoughts. So confusing. I was thinking of balanced interconnects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back