SennGrado Thread
Feb 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #481 of 518
Arty McGhee Nice. Incoming PM. I've been waiting for another reason to tweak my senngrado. I just happen to have a few pairs of HM5 velour pads and a 3d printer.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #482 of 518
  A wise man on another site put it this way:

"Great balanced > Great SE >> Good Balanced > Good SE >> Mediocre Balanced >= Mediocre SE >> Crap."

"Balanced" isn't necessarily better. Depends on the amp and the headphones. Only way to know is to listen.

Yeaper, good way to put it

That said, any one still building the SEnn Grado? I sold both of my last year, and now I'm finding that I need another >.> 

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #483 of 518
  Yeaper, good way to put it

That said, any one still building the SEnn Grado? I sold both of my last year, and now I'm finding that I need another >.> 

Not building a new pair but I still have 2 pairs of drivers sitting in boxes, haven't had the time or urge to build anything with the drivers since getting the Ypsilon R1, S2 and new Nhoord Red V2.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #484 of 518
  Not building a new pair but I still have 2 pairs of drivers sitting in boxes, haven't had the time or urge to build anything with the drivers since getting the Ypsilon R1, S2 and new Nhoord Red V2.

hmm, maybe I'll see if some one has the time, I could source the parts and then have them assembled maybe 

I've got a $300 budget and I'd like something GradoEsque but without the poor comfort 

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #485 of 518
So, I decided I will make my senngrado my first diy project, super on budget and just for fun.

I will be making my own wood cups and I saw most people make Grado size inside(45 mm) and then use some fitting rings for Px100 drivers. I would like to make cups directly for Px100 driver, so want to ask, what diameter should I go with, so I can just easily push in/glue in Px100 driver?

Thanks

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #486 of 518

Quote:
So, I decided I will make my senngrado my first diy project, super on budget and just for fun.

I will be making my own wood cups and I saw most people make Grado size inside(45 mm) and then use some fitting rings for Px100 drivers. I would like to make cups directly for Px100 driver, so want to ask, what diameter should I go with, so I can just easily push in/glue in Px100 driver?

Thanks

I just measured my PX-100ii driver, diameter is: 46.5mm, here is a picture of the driver along with some sr-60 drivers:

the clear plastic ones are the px-100ii, the black square on the magnet is sorbothane that I use to reduce vibrations

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #488 of 518
  Thank you, so 46,5 mm.

Good luck and post some pictures later, love looking at what others do
beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #490 of 518
I finished up my senngrados recently and they sound so much better than my sr60s, but they have a bit too much mid bass. Has anyone had luck bringing it down?

Let your brain burn in for a week with them.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #492 of 518
Aug 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #493 of 518
Hmm, https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SR60-SR80-M1-modified-metal-head-beam-plus-metal-ring/ Actually looks halfway decent for sourcing quite a bit of the necessary setup. There are certainly less expensive headbands, but it does seem to have some potential for being comfortable, although who's to say until it's tried. Just thought if anyone was still interested in this awesome mod, it might be a helpful option.

Nice. I see issues with the hole in the ring for the cable though. Looks like they make you feed the cable through the hole. When your cup rotates its going to pull the cable through that tight space between the cup and the ring. Might cause problems.

Thy have decent looking leather headband pads and some SR325i-style outer cups as well.

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #494 of 518
Nice. I see issues with the hole in the ring for the cable though. Looks like they make you feed the cable through the hole. When your cup rotates its going to pull the cable through that tight space between the cup and the ring. Might cause problems.

Thy have decent looking leather headband pads and some SR325i-style outer cups as well.

That was my main concern as well. i was debating trying it and cutting off maybe 1/4 of the ring to eliminate the issue. It should still have a decent look, then I just hope it's a stable enough metal it wouldnt be ruined by the attempt.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #495 of 518
Quote:

I just measured my PX-100ii driver, diameter is: 46.5mm, here is a picture of the driver along with some sr-60 drivers:

the clear plastic ones are the px-100ii, the black square on the magnet is sorbothane that I use to reduce vibrations

Just for reference, the PX-200(i) also uses the same driver. I bought a few sets of damaged (because they were used) Sennheisers for driver donors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back