Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone
Sep 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #16 of 53
Quote:
How much is the l3000?

The highest I saw was 3.8k by Iron Dreamer.  I saw several that went b/w 2.8 to 3.5K depending on condition.   I have the L3000 and they don't leak very much.  Build quality is one of the best, if not the best ever.  Sound pretty great when you want to rock out.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 53
The highest I saw was 3.8k by Iron Dreamer.  I saw several that went b/w 2.8 to 3.5K depending on condition.   I have the L3000 and they don't leak very much.  Build quality is one of the best, if not the best ever.  Sound pretty great when you want to rock out.

I see, thank you for the info

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 53
Sorry to come back to my initial question, but can someonesuggest me the "magical Closed & non leaking" headphone that sound... as good as a high-end open Headphone ?  
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:
JVC DX1000

This is a very good suggestion. Thanks.

Can you tell me if it leak sound to the outside ? I really need an headphone that will not disturb my co-workers.

So far, I have 3 possibilities for non-leaking headphone: Ultrasone Ed8, Ultrasone Sig Pro and may be the JVC DX1000...  any one compared them for audiophile usage & confort ? Any other suggestion ? 

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #22 of 53
beyerdynamic t5p are supposed to be pretty good. hard to find a good closed headphone, especially in the high-end.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #23 of 53
Quote:
This is a very good suggestion. Thanks.

Can you tell me if it leak sound to the outside ? I really need an headphone that will not disturb my co-workers.

So far, I have 3 possibilities for non-leaking headphone: Ultrasone Ed8, Ultrasone Sig Pro and may be the JVC DX1000...  any one compared them for audiophile usage & confort ? Any other suggestion ? 

They leak definitely less than the Denons, but I also enjoy the UE 8 to be honest with you, and they don't leak that much sound also. The thing is, the JVC DX1000 will look really ridiculous on your head at work!

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #24 of 53
The thing is, the JVC DX1000 will look really ridiculous on your head at work!

lol!

I would also say that, based on my woodies (I haven't got a JVC) - they're not the most durable of headphones. The wood can pit, crack, chip, etc if you bang it around (we're talking actions that would hardly scratch plastic or metal in some cases). :xf_eek:

I think Ultrasone and Beyerdynamic are probably where you're gonna have to look if IEMs aren't acceptable, and if woodies (Denon, Fostex, Audio-Technica, and JVC) are out of the question due to durability (and I think if you're using these at work, the bigger problem will be transport damage, not usage damage, so a hard-case would probably cover you there).

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 53
is there any reason you're opposed to in-ear monitors?  theyre all I use at work, theyre a lot less hassle to transport, and you can use them out of your phone/dap when you commute without having to take off your hat

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #27 of 53
I have à pair of westone ES3x. Custom IEM. They are very good but ... Not confortable enough for loooong listening cession. Is it normal or should I do a new hear imprint ?

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #28 of 53
You could wait for Audeze to release their closed-back orthos. The prototypes sounded pretty damn good.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #29 of 53
I have à pair of westone ES3x. Custom IEM. They are very good but ... Not confortable enough for loooong listening cession. Is it normal or should I do a new hear imprint ?

Please try fit ear 334 , the Sound Quality is excelent and it is very good For Long listening
Non fatigue Sound .
Fit ear 334 is One from the best universal iem i Evar heard to date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back