Searching for a closed all - rounder under $180
Jun 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #16 of 18
Sounds like what I think about the Sennheiser HD 555 :)

I liked them, but I felt like if they lacked a little bit of spark, and bass, but they were very good headphones, I don't know if these have that problem.

Are the Brainwavz like, really large so you look stupid in the street, haha?

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 18
Haha I'm not sure it's hard to say if they would be a match in terms of sound. In my opinion they have plenty of bite for my vast collection of Drum n' Bass and Dubstep. They aren't an intimate or very aggressive sounding can though(well vocals are quite intimate ;]). Hard for me to speak about how they compare to others though since I haven't heard any of the cans you mentioned. I do think they are great all rounders though, I doubt there is a genre that sounds bad with them.

As far as looks, they are big but the metal/black combo looks very contemporary in my opinion. I'd say they'd be rockable with charisma :wink:

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
Haha I'm not sure it's hard to say if they would be a match in terms of sound. In my opinion they have plenty of bite for my vast collection of Drum n' Bass and Dubstep. They aren't an intimate or very aggressive sounding can though(well vocals are quite intimate ;]). Hard for me to speak about how they compare to others though since I haven't heard any of the cans you mentioned. I do think they are great all rounders though, I doubt there is a genre that sounds bad with them.

As far as looks, they are big but the metal/black combo looks very contemporary in my opinion. I'd say they'd be rockable with charisma :wink:

Haha, ok, I'll keep them in my list, even though this dude doesn't look like hittin' the streets LOL!

I'm currently considering:

Audio Technica ATH-M50s
Ultrasone HFI 780
Shure SRH 840
Brainwavz hm5
(maybe) V-Moda m-80

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back