SE535 vs x10i - which should i get?
Aug 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
i'll make this simple - im a bass head that loves punch, quanity, warmth, thickness. i get discounts (amazing ones) on both earphones, i was wondering which i should get?

i want the se535's because i heard about how legendary the se530's were for bass
but the x10i's have a built in microphone/volume, which would be EXTREMELY convient. 

if the se535's bass/sq is that much better, ill forgo the microphone on the x10i's :3 

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 10
535 actually has a bit less bass than the 530 so I don't think you would like the 535s.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 10
No question...having heard the X10i's, the SE535s are better to my ears. The bass on the SE535s = SE530s (IMO). The real improvements on the SE535s are:

1.) Improved construction of the IEM with a removable cable.
2.) The best cable on any IEM I've ever seen/heard/owned.
3.) Sound stage imaging has improved.
4.) The treble is no longer rolled off.

I never got into the x10is...we were like oil and water.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 10
You want bass? Pass the SE535, simple as that. The mid bass is always there, but low bass is lacking. Overall you won't like it for music like hip/hop for example. The oomph is not there. Its for mids lovers, not bass lovers. And it lacks treble too (yes i've heard the SE535, and i think it still lacks it), so its not an exciting IEM.

IMO You're better off getting SM3, westone 3 or UM3X for bass and warmth instead of SE535. Been a while since i've heard the x10, but that was when i still loved bass more than anything else, and i found the bass quite abundant. Details wise it will lose out to all the above IEMs i've mentioned no doubt, so its your call: for function or for sound.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
You want bass? Pass the SE535, simple as that. The mid bass is always there, but low bass is lacking. Overall you won't like it for music like hip/hop for example. The oomph is not there. Its for mids lovers, not bass lovers. And it lacks treble too (yes i've heard the SE535, and i think it still lacks it), so its not an exciting IEM.

IMO You're better off getting SM3, westone 3 or UM3X for bass and warmth instead of SE535. 

Actually the low bass is definitely there (and on the SE530s too). Have a look at the Headroom graph...goes way down and stays flat. I've heard it go down very nicely on a frequency sweep. For more coloured bass, the Westone 3s go equally deep, but give great impact.

You're right, the SE535s aren't warm. Balanced....yes.

Aug 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 10
my Shure 530's have had cord director sheath issues (they detached, twice, even after glueing) and now the left ear is cutting out from a loose cable.  They're over 2 years old so Shure won't warranty them.  I'm feeling like I want to sell them as-is for someone who wants to mod them with better cables, and just get either the 535's or the UE Triple Fi's with the phone mic in the cable.

I don't know what to do.....

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
And you want the SE535?

Are you kidding?

lol thats what i thought , ive never even heard them but ive sure read a lot

image x10i seams very appealing to me if it will work with the samsung epic????????????????

2 the op the most punchy bass rocking iem  non custom u can buy are the superfi 5 eb...  i have tried most all the basss competition and those win hands  
down,,  but  their best attribute is their punch... knock your socks off.....   caveats include gigantic buds and lacking some high frequency but the highs were     better on the 5eb than on other bass oriented iem.    these would be terrible for jogging but you do it.
          fyi, i also have some jvc fx 500 bass iem 4 sale/ wrong thread sorry but those are the most comfortable bass oriented iem i have tried.
    imo you should get a high quality iem with a large sound stage and some fubar eq and a good amp.. (event the triplefi can sound seriously awesome 2 a basshead with fubar eq!!!!!!!!!!) i  if you are using an ipod u r just screwed in the bass department. u wont get them to sing with itunes.............. maybe cowon is better with their 5 band eq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back