SE530 vs. Triple.fi
Feb 17, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the least amount of bass, best clarity, and best highs.

If you want the best clarity and highs then the etymotic er4p/s wwould be the best

Feb 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 36
I was hoping you guys would recommend the triplefi.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

If you want the best clarity and highs then the etymotic er4p/s wwould be the best

I was thinking of getting them to use along with the HD595 but I decided to settle on just IEMs. So i'll go all out and get the triplefi.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldnt quite say that.. The ER4-P does have great highs, but I find the Triple.fi's high end to even more impressive. TF10 has more control, detail and better transparency. The only place the ER4-P wins is high end extension, and its not by much. Don't get me wrong though, I still love my ER4-Ps, they are still amazing.

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #23 of 36
It's always tough to recomend a custom, but I'd suggest the SuperFreQs. Triper driver customs for $189 and they sound incredible! They bass is definately not overpowering, but it's not lacking either. At first they seemed to not have enough (I'm a little of a bass head), but now I realize there is plenty there, it's just that the rest of the sound spectrum is so well represented.

Feb 28, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #25 of 36
Excellent review. I agree with all of it. Except I could never justify paying 3 x the cost for custom UE-11.

Also, My TFP's look different. Looks like much more white (glue?) on the inner housing area and my strain relief clasps where the cable meet the housing are black not grey.

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wrote a bit about my experiences with these two IEMs last night.

Shure E500 vs UE Triple.fi 10 Pro - Threadbox.net

my thoughts almost exactly, but for me the tf10 win on practicalitly, not comfort, but they stay put better

if i was in a country without vat i would CONSIDER the 11s cause i love the 10s so much but £700+ is just too much!

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 36
i am giving some opinion and facts about the two IEM's. I have owned both. I can tell u first that the e500 and the se530 ARE DIFFERENT. I have taken both the iems apart and have found that the se530 have all 3 armature drivers Vented. Giving it more air to move and producing a stronger, warmer and smoother sound. As where the e500 doesn't have this. I myself prefer the se530. As its alot more comfortable and the mids are FAR better than the triple fi's. And the bass is more natural. However, the highs are more crisp on the triple fi. Overall, the triple fi's get a 8/10, and the shure's get a 9.5/10.

Jun 15, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am giving some opinion and facts about the two IEM's. I have owned both. I can tell u first that the e500 and the se530 ARE DIFFERENT. I have taken both the iems apart and have found that the se530 have all 3 armature drivers Vented. Giving it more air to move and producing a stronger, warmer and smoother sound. As where the e500 doesn't have this. I myself prefer the se530. As its alot more comfortable and the mids are FAR better than the triple fi's. And the bass is more natural. However, the highs are more crisp on the triple fi. Overall, the triple fi's get a 8/10, and the shure's get a 9.5/10.

i agree, but then most expect i probably would. but i have my reasons....i for a start think the se530 are technically better, it boasts vented drivers, the ultimate ears dont (this has been proven to improve bass response and depth capability, hence the reason for venting, it improves driver reach).

i also think the se530 are simply better thought out. bass is completely independant, whereas the triple fi mids are driven through the bass drivers (weird yes, but true, hence the triple fi apparently easing of bass)

and lastly as far as design goes, ultimate ears just should have thought up a better design a long time ago, like others mention here the se530 do fit nicely inside most peoples ears, i just dont get why ultimate ears thought it would be good for earphones to stick out a mile.

but yes i am a little biased and i will be the first to admit the triple fi do have a completely independant tweeter and this is probably why it can stretch the highs out further and cleaner. mids is no real comparison, se530 are simply clearer, more forward and lush.

i would love to see some comparison pics of the e500 and se530 tho because i find it hard to believe they changed the drivers to all vented ones. this should notably change sound and many people and shure themselves say they sound identical.
rolleyes.gif
any chance of pictoral proof of dissassembled se530's?? i have seen inside on other pics but not close enough to compare drivers

Jun 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #30 of 36
can anybody tell me why on the ultimate ears website they have a frequency graph showing a huge 20db increase at about 20hz Triple.fi 10 Pro Specification - Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

and on the headroom frequency graph it shows a -5db decrease at about 20hz? Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

i know frequency response graphs are absolutely nothing to go by and simply dont show audio quality but why are these graphs so different and which one is closer to the response of the phones. i would tend to think the UE graph is a little fixed to show a good response in the sub bass but i never witnessed anything close to a 20db increase at 20hz. or is this simply UE being optimistic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back