SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
Nov 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #106 of 590
  Currently none, ordered the Pro 30 and 535 which arrive next week. Just read the UM3X (or Pro 30 since they seem to be mostly the same concerning sound) would be quite warm and bassy and was interested in the possibility of exchanging Westones' filters.

Hmm. If you do manage to change Westone filters, post them here!

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #108 of 590
  Currently none, ordered the Pro 30 and 535 which arrive next week. Just read the UM3X (or Pro 30 since they seem to be mostly the same concerning sound) would be quite warm and bassy and was interested in the possibility of exchanging Westones' filters.

i presume you are going to change the filters on the se535 correct?

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #116 of 590
Since there's no white ones in stock so I ordered 3 gray and 3 brown from digikey. (shipping is expensive from mouser to Canada). After listened for about 30 minutes I found the gray ones brought more details and boost the high a bit but the sibilance is too much. On brown ones the high is more tamed and the overall sound to me is more comfortable for long time listening.
I'll stay with brown ones. If any Canadian wants to try the 3 gray tampers I can mail them to you for free. Too lazy for international shipping :)

Thank kimvictor, dave and whoever shared the info of the mod.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #117 of 590
  Since there's no white ones in stock so I ordered 3 gray and 3 brown from digikey. (shipping is expensive from mouser to Canada). After listened for about 30 minutes I found the gray ones brought more details and boost the high a bit but the sibilance is too much. On brown ones the high is more tamed and the overall sound to me is more comfortable for long time listening.
I'll stay with brown ones. If any Canadian wants to try the 3 gray tampers I can mail them to you for free. Too lazy for international shipping :)

Thank kimvictor, dave and whoever shared the info of the mod.

Thank Rin and Inks, not me. I just put this together, but Rin was the one to provide me with the filters.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #118 of 590
Update for the Westone UM Pro 30: The filters are easily reachable - same position as the ones in the Shure SE535. I think they're glued in though. Didn't try too hard because I'll return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back