Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jul 29, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #481 of 12,220
I have a few questions for you.

1.  How do you know accuracy when you hear it or what DAC is most accurate?

2.  How do you know the source background is not pitch black? 

3.  How do you know the grayish background of the Yggdrasil is not a flaw?

4.  What makes you say other DACs have a "fake" blackness about them? 

5.  How do you support the idea the Yggdrasil resolves better than other DACs? Or the Yggdrasil has [COLOR=0000FF]"absolute" resolution[/COLOR] as you say?

6.  You say [COLOR=0000FF]"Untill you hear the missing information"[/COLOR]  How do you know what information is missing?

You make a lot of claims alluding to the Yggdrasil as being the best DAC there is.  There's faults in all DACs, surly you can find one in the Yggdrasil. 

I like the Yggdrasil and plan on getting another soon.  However, I know it's not the best DAC in the world.

C'mon, you're talking to people who can't just snap their fingers and whip up a $10k TotalDAC...

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #484 of 12,220
FYI - ran the Win 10 update tonight, and Yggy over usb is still functioning just fine.  New drivers are to be released in early August, but no need for apprehension in the meanwhile.  Listening to Linn's recording of Magnificat - Officium Defunctorum right now, and it is no less glorious that it was a few hours ago when I was running Win 7.  

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #485 of 12,220
FWIW, all my drivers for Windows (Audio-gd, Cypherlabs, etc.) are all working when I've upgraded to Win10.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #486 of 12,220
Does the Yggy have switchable outputs? I couldn't find the info on their site but maybe I'm just blind. I'd quite like to run a dynamic and electrostatic rig at the same time from the same source.

Also, has anybody compared the Yggy to a Resolution Audio Opus 21 or a Neko D100? I quite like the Opus but I keep having heretical thoughts about the Yggy.

Jul 31, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #487 of 12,220
Does the Yggy have switchable outputs? I couldn't find the info on their site but maybe I'm just blind. I'd quite like to run a dynamic and electrostatic rig at the same time from the same source.

Also, has anybody compared the Yggy to a Resolution Audio Opus 21 or a Neko D100? I quite like the Opus but I keep having heretical thoughts about the Yggy.

The outputs are on all the time, they are not switchable.

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #488 of 12,220
My next big investment is to buy a larger battery back up for my Yggdrasil. That way I can travel to head-fi meets without pulling the plug on my Yggdrasil. I am going to a head-fi meet in orlando, and it pains me to unplug my Yggdrasil lol, like shooting old yeller lol.

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #489 of 12,220
My next big investment is to buy a larger battery back up for my Yggdrasil. That way I can travel to head-fi meets without pulling the plug on my Yggdrasil. I am going to a head-fi meet in orlando, and it pains me to unplug my Yggdrasil lol, like shooting old yeller lol.

if it needs to be plugged in 24/7 maybe thy need to give us a electricity refund .haha

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #490 of 12,220
Can some one elaborate a bit further for me this "gray" background? Is it always there even when no music is playing (ie circuit noise)? or is it due to yggy resolution picking out the track background noise?

Thanks.

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #491 of 12,220
Read Maxx134's post at the top of this page. It would seem to support your second clause. Although - as you can see - prep had questions.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #492 of 12,220
prep always has questions.

I always have questions

If you don't have questions you need to stop drinking kool-aid... 
wink_face.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #494 of 12,220

I like the Yggdrasil and plan on getting another soon.  However, I know it's not the best DAC in the world.

I've got the impression that you sold the Ygg before.  Why buy it again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back