Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #3,452 of 13,350
Strange error. Hopefully this can help. If it were me I'd remove all audio-devices including the Nvidia with right click in Device Manager and choose Uninstall. Don't reboot before all audio devices are removed. Instead of reboot choose shutdown and restart in safe mode. When at desktop first install the C-Media again. Let me know if that did it.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #3,453 of 13,350
try to install in safe mode same thing. I even unpluged all my usb expect for mouse and keyboard and bitfrost dac T_T

CmeAuVist64.exe cmedia driver keeps failing to be install. I add drives manual still no luck

I dont know whats wrong

I used windows 7 ultimate with sp1 upgrade 

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,456 of 13,350
  Bifrost showed up today! I'm pretty much beside myself while I wait to get home and try it out...

oh you're in for it !!
and i like the non-crazy part of idaho, i'm from the non-redneck part of alabama

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3,457 of 13,350
this is driving me crazy.... 

can't get the bloody usb 1 gen to work (which I got from another head fier since he upgraded to usb 2)

works on windows 8 laptop but no windows 7 pc....

driver device status 
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" grrr

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #3,458 of 13,350
  New forum member here...

I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s.  The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.

Tried the JJ tubes on a friend's rig... was not impressed at all. Does not do the Lyr justice IMO.

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,460 of 13,350

and i like the non-crazy part of idaho, i'm from the non-redneck part of alabama

Georgia? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #3,461 of 13,350
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #3,463 of 13,350

Quote:

can't get the bloody usb 1 gen to work (which I got from another head fier since he upgraded to usb 2)

driver device status 

Shoot Schiit support an e-mail I'd say. Or, make a system image of your current Windows installation and try a re-install of the OS?

I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #3,464 of 13,350

driver device status

it does work on Win7, I had the gen one before ubering mine.  Try deleting all USB entries in device manager and let windows re-install them.  Also, just to make sure, did you install the Schiit driver from their site?  It needs to be initialized on each USB port the first time you plug in the device.

From Tom hardware.com: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-10-error.htm
excert from the link:
Important: If a USB device is generating the Code 10 error, uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of the driver reinstall. This includes any USB Mass Storage Device, USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub.

Note: Properly reinstalling a driver, as in the instructions linked above, is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch.

Google is a wonderful thing...

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,465 of 13,350
bearFNF said:

Google is a wonderful thing...

its saved my rear end a time or two, and still finding new cool things google now can do on my phone !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back