Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #2,762 of 13,350
Just sold my Asgard (v1) today. Man, parting with your stuff is hard. Especially if you've had nothing but good experiences with said stuff. Not parting with any of my other Schiit anytime soon. Just too difficult. 
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,764 of 13,350
Quote:
can someone explain to me what tube rolling mean? My english is not excelent and I didn t understand 

It's like when lumber jacks put the logs in the water and 2 of them get ontop and try to make the other fall off, but it's done with tubes.

Ahhh! HAha! just kidding...

It's just trying out new tubes in your gear, different tubes, older tubes etc...

A stupid term if you ask me.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2,768 of 13,350
Quote:
It's like when lumber jacks put the logs in the water and 2 of them get ontop and try to make the other fall off, but it's done with tubes.

Ahhh! HAha! just kidding...

It's just trying out new tubes in your gear, different tubes, older tubes etc...

It does seem a little strange, until you start tube rolling yourself. You learn to appreciate that roll you've gotta do.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,772 of 13,350
Exactly.  Often, to remove tubes, you have to gently rock them back and forth from their sockets.  So, you're rolling them.

Quote:

Quote:

It does seem a little strange, until you start tube rolling yourself. You learn to appreciate that roll you've gotta do.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #2,773 of 13,350
Is it worth to already change it in my upcoming lyr?

if yes, which? 

Yes, check the thread above.

The Lyr ships with tubes which are fine. They give a good sound whilst the amp is breaking in. Some people stick with those tubes, as they are perfectly happy with the sound.

Other people like to roll the tubes to get a different sound.

I have a matched pair of Siemens E288CC in my Lyr. Rather expensive... But what a sound!

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #2,775 of 13,350
Hey guys, Im back with another question.

Basically I have around $600 to spend on some gear. The way I see it I have 2 choices, since Id like to stick with Schiit gear. Option one is to buy an Asgard 2 and a Bifrost, then use them with my current HD558s for all my listening. Option two is to buy a Magni and Modi, then spend the remaining money on a better set of headphones like some Mad Dogs or some SRH-940s.

I guess what Im wondering is which do you think would be a better option? Im fully open to other opinions, so please tell me what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back