Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2,731 of 13,350
The comments about heat really confuse me. I listen for several hours at a time and I do not notice the gear getting all that "hot", warm definitely, but never anything that makes me concerned for the gear, and I have never felt the heat through the volume nob. Is this just a perception thing, or is something amiss with my gear?

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #2,732 of 13,350
The Mjolnir amp I currently own does get warm after an extended listening session as does the volume knob. However I have never felt any temps at any time that I thought were even remotely close to getting dangerous. In fact kind of surprised the amp does not get any warmer than it does... Seems like it's just loafing along even while totally cranked up and rockin'. This amp/dac combo with the LCD3s appears to be a magic setup far as I can tell. But haven't listened with any other high-end pieces either so the observation is only good far as it goes. The whole rig does what I wanted it to do so very happy so far.

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2,733 of 13,350
Quote:
The Mjolnir amp I currently own does get warm after an extended listening session as does the volume knob. However I have never felt any temps at any time that I thought were even remotely close to getting dangerous. In fact kind of surprised the amp does not get any warmer than it does... Seems like it's just loafing along even while totally cranked up and rockin'. This amp/dac combo with the LCD3s appears to be a magic setup far as I can tell. But haven't listened with any other high-end pieces either so the observation is only good far as it goes. The whole rig does what I wanted it to do so very happy so far.

Same here,,,,,,been on for 2.5 hours and just warm. The volume knob is warmer than the unit.
My song's loudness varies so since I';ve had the Mojo, I've occasionally adjusted the volume at various amount of hours and nothing notable.

I've got to say, I'm listening to Donovan's greatest hits for the first time with my home rig....songs I've heard many, many times before they sound so #$#@$ good with LCD3>Mojo>PWD I just can't believe it! I love my set up :)

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2,735 of 13,350
How do you guys here with Mojo/Gungnir feel about it pairing with HD800?

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #2,736 of 13,350
Quote:
I will have to agree with you both, the Mjolnir with the LCD-3 is a match made in heaven. I used them with an Anedio D2, but i bet the PWD2 and the gungnir are nice as well

Plan to get the Gungnir/Mojo combo for the LCD 3. My source is the Macbook Air playing Amarra Hifi. I'd like a balanced cable set up if possible, i.e. from the Air all the way through to the LCD -3. I will connect the G/M with the PYST-XLR. I'm looking for suggestions for the remaining cables I need.

Thanks

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,737 of 13,350
Quote:
Plan to get the Gungnir/Mojo combo for the LCD 3. My source is the Macbook Air playing Amarra Hifi. I'd like a balanced cable set up if possible, i.e. from the Air all the way through to the LCD -3. I will connect the G/M with the PYST-XLR. I'm looking for suggestions for the remaining cables I need.

Thanks

I believe there is a SPDIF output on the Macbooks. So your setup would be something like: Mac --> Optical mini to fullsize --> Gungnir --> PYST XLR --> Mjolnir --> LCD 3 Included balanced 4 pin --> LCD 3.

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2,738 of 13,350
I believe there is a SPDIF output on the Macbooks. So your setup would be something like: Mac --> Optical mini to fullsize --> Gungnir --> PYST XLR --> Mjolnir --> LCD 3 Included balanced 4 pin --> LCD 3.

Unless it's changed recently, I believe the Air is the one Mac line that does not have the dual-purpose headphone port with SPDIF output.

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #2,739 of 13,350
+1 I don't believe the Air has the optical out from the headphone jack like Macbook Pros do, so you'd have to use USB. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,740 of 13,350
Correct.  I have an 2011 MBA (& keep up with the latest MBA technologies) and it's only analog audio out - USB is the only option (unless you stream).
Quote:
+1 I don't believe the Air has the optical out from the headphone jack like Macbook Pros do, so you'd have to use USB. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back