Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,581 of 13,350
^^ Good call. Prices on gaming desktop go down pretty quickly. The Schiit stack will hold it's value well. 
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,582 of 13,350
Awesome!  Congrats.

But...should we make the rule that every time Jason mentions the statement gear, the price goes down $50?  
tongue_smile.gif

Sounds like a good place to start!

Congrats to Jason and all at Schiit. I am UK based and had never heard of Schiit until I bought a new amplifier with no headphone output. I had a Lyr on trial against the HiFiMan EF-5 and the Lyr won. Now powering my HE-500s.

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,583 of 13,350
Belated happy 3rd birthday.
That statement case sounds tall enough to fit a few hard drives for the music server to match the rest of the schiit stack. Schiitbox Buri?

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #2,585 of 13,350
Quote:
Hey all,

Just wanted to thank you for a wonderful three years. Our actual anniversary (June 15) slipped past me, but I thought you might appreciate me digging this up, started almost exactly 3 years ago to this day:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/497902/schiit-asgard-unboxing-and-first-impressions

Yes, that's the first Asgard. Or one of the first 100 or so that we made. Back then, we had no idea if this was going to be a viable business, or if we'd be giving headphone amps away to our friends for the next 10 Christmases. And, after the first excitement had died down, some started calling us "just a flavor of the month." But then there was Valhalla. And Lyr. And Bifrost. And Mjolnir. And Gungnir. And then, surprise, Magni and Modi. And, finally, Asgard 2.

So, I guess we've been "Flavor of the Month" for three years now. Not bad, huh?

What I can say is that we couldn't have done it without your support, for which we are eternally grateful. We're going to keep innovating, manufacturing in the USA, keeping prices as low as they possibly can be (believe it or not, I've had a ton of feedback on the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil announcement saying, "Why can't you make these more expensive?" They seem disappointed when I tell them we don't know how to make a more expensive amp or DAC.

But the best is yet to come. Not just Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, but a couple more products you should see by the end of the year that are squarely in the "ultra affordable" category. And then, in 2014...ah, I'll shut up now. I've learned that lesson.

Stay tuned...and thanks again!

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Who are these people?

Ah well - as the owner of a Lyr and Bifrost (Newly upgraded to Uber! status), thanks for making great products. They sound great, they look great, and they're a joy to use. I think I'm going to start saving for the statement gear...

Here's to looking forward to the next three years of great products, and everything after that!
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,586 of 13,350
Quote:
Awesome!  Congrats.

But...should we make the rule that every time Jason mentions the statement gear, the price goes down $50?  
tongue_smile.gif

Deal. That offsets the inquiry I had the other day asking for more info...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2,587 of 13,350
Quote:
Deal. That offsets the inquiry I had the other day asking for more info...

Oh gosh please don't, I'm positive he gets waaaay more inquires bout the statement than his own comments on it.
blink.gif

Hmmmm "ultra affordable" eh? does that hint at "ultra portable"???
Honestly, what could be more ultra affordable than magni and modi??? @ 1bill each it's a steal really.

I'm hoping more for uber upgrades for gungnir
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,588 of 13,350
Quote:
But the best is yet to come. Not just Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, but a couple more products you should see by the end of the year that are squarely in the "ultra affordable" category. And then, in 2014...ah, I'll shut up now. I've learned that lesson.

It's like he's carefully baiting and trolling us at the same time... 
size]

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2,589 of 13,350
Because some people define their self-worth and enjoyment based on how much they spend on things as a status symbol.  Schiit owners don't talk too much about price....we say how much we enjoy listening to the music through the gear.  In contrast, in the Summit-Fi forum, people like to brag their home systems cost $XX,000 dollars, while neglecting to say how much they love the music.

Schiit is downright American.  Hardworking, down to earth, no frills, just good ol' music loving people.  Good ol' baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Schiit.

Of course, this is a generalization, but you get my point.
Quote:

What I can say is that we couldn't have done it without your support, for which we are eternally grateful. We're going to keep innovating, manufacturing in the USA, keeping prices as low as they possibly can be (believe it or not, I've had a ton of feedback on the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil announcement saying, "Why can't you make these more expensive?" They seem disappointed when I tell them we don't know how to make a more expensive amp or DAC.

Quote:

Who in their right mind would say such a thing?

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #2,590 of 13,350
Congrats on 3 years Jason!

I remember when you guys first launched. I was just lurking around back then. Never change your ways and keep up the good work. I can almost sense you want to tell us really badly about upcoming products. I wish you could without all the drama/uproar this place causes. As for those nutters who want you to raise prices on the statement products... I've got some very inapproriate words floating round my head. I think the price point of the statement products are near perfect and would ask you to make them even cheaper if possible. You'll probably sell more units to make up the cost, but I'm sure you know your business better than me.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2,591 of 13,350
I hooked up my Gungnir for the first time last night and had a quick listen this morning, and wow what difference with the Bifrost. It all sounds bigger, fuller and more mature. And this is listning fresh out of the box with newish cables. Now go for a the long break in period of this Schiit.

I'm one happy camper :D

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #2,592 of 13,350
Quote:
"Why can't you make these more expensive?" They seem disappointed when I tell them we don't know how to make a more expensive amp or DAC.  

I have a great idea, why not make a "Limited Edition" set for this dude, like autograph them or something.  Charge him $50K and then cut the price for us poor folks...
wink_face.gif

Oh, yeah and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" 
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #2,594 of 13,350
Quote:

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

I will spring for a single ended version of Ragnarok: a more compact, desktop version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back