Schiit Owners Unite
May 31, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2,221 of 13,350
Quote:
We just need to get some inside moles in the company who work in assembly and parts acquisition, and create a new website schiitrumors.com to publish it all!

Maybe someone from Schiit will walk into a bar, have a couple of adult beverages and accidentally leave a statement amp on the table. 
size]

May 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2,222 of 13,350
Quote:
We just need to get some inside moles in the company who work in assembly and parts acquisition, and create a new website schiitrumors.com to publish it all!

Quote:

Maybe someone from Schiit will walk into a bar, have a couple of adult beverages and accidentally leave a statement amp on the table. 
size]

RIM SHOT.........please! 
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,226 of 13,350
Just bought a Valhalla to promote US jobs

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,227 of 13,350
size]

Here in Seattle, they could have an Elysian Valhalla or Elysian Bifrost (seriously).

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #2,230 of 13,350
So after about two days of listening to the Lyr and Bifrost, they sound really awesome. One concern I have though, I have them stacked together with the Lyr on top of the Bifrost. After a while they feel really damn hot to the touch. Is it okay for them to run so hot? Keep them stacked?

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #2,231 of 13,350
I'm doing FLAC (mostly via Audirvana Plus, but some iTunes as well) on my rMPB -> Schiit Bifrost (with Über & new USB board) -> Little Dot Mk IV SE -> Audioengine A2s | Beyerdynamic DT-1350s (with the replacement "nubuck" ear pads). Even right outta the box, the Bifrost is worlds better than the Audioengone D1 that I just moved off of—this doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but it's still quite a change. I'm loving listening to everything; it's like I'm hearing stuff for the 1st time. Still burning in my Mk IV SE, but everything sounds spectacular.
:L3000:

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2,232 of 13,350
Quote:
So after about two days of listening to the Lyr and Bifrost, they sound really awesome. One concern I have though, I have them stacked together with the Lyr on top of the Bifrost. After a while they feel really damn hot to the touch. Is it okay for them to run so hot? Keep them stacked?

It's fine. They were designed to be stacked together with the heat being taken into account. If you run stacked you'll always want the amp on top. 

I've run this way many times with no issues.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #2,234 of 13,350
Quote:
Any idea if the statement amp will be bigger than the gungnir/mjolnir stack? it would be nice if I can stack the amp on top of a gungnir

Roughly double in size, IIRC.  Er, it'll be roughly taller and deeper.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #2,235 of 13,350
Quote:
Roughly double in size, IIRC.  Er, it'll be roughly taller and deeper.

Guess that means that the DAC will need to be placed up top for me if i go for the solid state option then. :/
Cant do anytthing if there is only hybrid available.

Interestingly, which one will u guys pick if u get the choice between SS and hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back