Schiit Owners Unite
May 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #2,207 of 13,350
I just received my Lyr and Bifrost (with the USB and Uber upgrade) today. I paired them with my HD650's. Prior to this I have been using the FiiO E7. Really nice improvement across the board from what I'm hearing on day 1. More "clear", and I'm able to hear some things I haven't really heard before in certain songs I play. Very pleased with my purchase. I'm pretty curious to see how much better their Mjolnir/Gungnir is, but for now I'm really happy.

May 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,208 of 13,350
You've got a great setup there and congrats!! My 2c...just enjoy them and never look back. 
size]

May 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #2,209 of 13,350
I just received my Lyr and Bifrost (with the USB and Uber upgrade) today. I paired them with my HD650's. Prior to this I have been using the FiiO E7. Really nice improvement across the board from what I'm hearing on day 1. More "clear", and I'm able to hear some things I haven't really heard before in certain songs I play. Very pleased with my purchase. I'm pretty curious to see how much better their Mjolnir/Gungnir is, but for now I'm really happy.

Very good choice and wait until the Lyr really opens up with the tubes.

May 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #2,210 of 13,350

read the lyr tube rolling thread. it may take a couple weeks...

May 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,212 of 13,350
May 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,213 of 13,350
Hey guys, I have the HD650 - which amp would pair better with it, the Lyr or Valhalla? I listen to metal predominantly.

Recently, I tried the Asgard 2 but it was not really to my liking...appreciate some advice here 
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,214 of 13,350
If you didn't like the Asgard 2, then you may not like the house Schiit sound.  While I have not heard the Lyr, I can say the Valhalla does have the same general house sound as the Asgard 2.

Quote:
Hey guys, I have the HD650 - which amp would pair better with it, the Lyr or Valhalla? I listen to metal predominantly.

Recently, I tried the Asgard 2 but it was not really to my liking...appreciate some advice here 
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #2,215 of 13,350
I found the Asgard 2 to have expansive soundstaging and good tonality but music seemed to lack body and weight, especially the midbass which I love for metal. Could the Lyr with higher power output improve on it?

May 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,216 of 13,350
No experience with the Lyr, but I went from Asgard 1, to Valhalla, and now to Mjolnir.  I found by increasing the power it got more resolving, better atmosphere, soundstage, but I didn't get a thickening of the mid-bass region.  I find that I get that thickening with different headphones, at least from my Schiit amps.  

May 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2,217 of 13,350
Quote:
No experience with the Lyr, but I went from Asgard 1, to Valhalla, and now to Mjolnir.  I found by increasing the power it got more resolving, better atmosphere, soundstage, but I didn't get a thickening of the mid-bass region.  I find that I get that thickening with different headphones, at least from my Schiit amps.  

I am in general agreement with you that that biggest difference in mid-bass will be the headphones. Usually for me I have more of an issue with too much mid-bass not less. With the Lyr using different tubes you can focus on the mid-bass a bit.

May 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,218 of 13,350
Does releasing info and building the hype, hurt or improve sales of dacs and amps?  I definitely liked it more when I knew additional tid bits of information about schiit amps every couple of months

May 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #2,219 of 13,350
Quote:
Does releasing info and building the hype, hurt or improve sales of dacs and amps?  I definitely liked it more when I knew additional tid bits of information about schiit amps every couple of months

We just need to get some inside moles in the company who work in assembly and parts acquisition, and create a new website schiitrumors.com to publish it all!

May 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,220 of 13,350
Quote:

It helps build but then, for me, it passes a point where it becomes frustrating when nothing tangible is evident.

When there is hype about a new Apple product it is all unofficial and so it can be taken lightly. Apple plays releases like its in a hold-em game. When they got the goods in hand they bet hard and strong...until then they remain alert, ready, and quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back