Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,996 of 13,350
+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps. 
size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,999 of 13,350
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones.  The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.

Quote:
The Valhala seems to be a very under-represented amp here. Is the Lyr really so much better? 

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2,000 of 13,350
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's.  I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through.  Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality?  Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,001 of 13,350
Apr 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,002 of 13,350
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XD

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,003 of 13,350
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge.  Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said      "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"

I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #2,004 of 13,350
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XD

It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back