Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #1,577 of 13,350
Audio Advisor sells some of their stuff. Not the Magni or Modi but they'll have some of the upper end stuff. Free shipping, too, so it works out well.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,578 of 13,350
The distributors won't have the new products for at least a few weeks.  But, Audioadvisor is a really top-notch operation, so you can wait and order with confidence from them.

Quote:
Can someone kindly point out the on-line retailers that carry Schitt products? 

thanks...

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #1,579 of 13,350
Quote:
Audio Advisor sells some of their stuff. Not the Magni or Modi but they'll have some of the upper end stuff. Free shipping, too, so it works out well.

+1. I've bought all of my Schiit from them and much more. Excellent company to buy from. No questions asked returns.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,581 of 13,350
Ill most likely get the USB version then, it is most likely worth the trouble of trying to find a different cable in order to use a different input, as well as trying tio configure the laptop to work coaxially.

The Bifrost USB is well worth the $100. If things change in the future, you can always switch to SPDIF coax or Toslink.

Back when I purchased a Cambridge DacMagic, I found USB in was just OK. Reviewers found with this dac and many others that their USB was poorly implemented. So I purchased a V-Link USB/SPDIF converter and it really came to life.

Now Schiit and others at sub $500 have greatly improved this. I have listened to my Bifrost both ways and really like the USB. That also minimizes the number of cables and connectors. I settled on the shortest possible ( .5m) Wireworld Starlight cable. Neat thing about these desktop headphone systems is that we can get by with shorter (cheaper) cables than we can in our "big rigs".

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #1,582 of 13,350
^^ Funny, but I have found just the opposite to be true. I prefer the sound of the optical connection...plus it saves me $100. I suppose that I could always add the usb later if needed. Also there have been issues for me with usb jitter (makes me shudder still). The optical connection has never given me anything but perfect playback. 
size]

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,583 of 13,350
I posted this in the announcement thread, cross posting here:

No blemishes on mine, but comparing to the Bifrost right next to it I can see the difference in coating. The Asgard 2 has a whiter finish, but when I touch it with my fingers it turns darker and matches the Bifrost (finger oil). I guess if I got some baby oil and dampened a cloth and gave it a quick rub down it would pickup all the dust on it from machining and make it match perfectly.

Photo Time:

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,584 of 13,350
Quote:
I posted this in the announcement thread, cross posting here:

No blemishes on mine, but comparing to the Bifrost right next to it I can see the difference in coating. The Asgard 2 has a whiter finish, but when I touch it with my fingers it turns darker and matches the Bifrost (finger oil). I guess if I got some baby oil and dampened a cloth and gave it a quick rub down it would pickup all the dust on it from machining and make it match perfectly.

Photo Time:

"Removed photos"

Sweet!! Not sure about the baby oiling though, maybe just clean it with a damp cloth first??

Mine is still two days away...
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #1,585 of 13,350
Need some advice as to whether or not I'm doing the right thing...

I've pretty much just started getting into hp's. Started last year with some grado sr80i's. Then upgraded to the sr225i's lst month, but can't say I was really happy with them. Currently, I have HD650's and ended up getting the Asgard 2. My problem is that I don't have a DAC right now. Had the nuForce icon 2 which is a DAC/Amp, but ended up returning it. My plan is to keep the A2 and save up for the bifrost(which probably won't be until next year seeing as I just dropped over $500 already). Am I doing the right thing by just having an amp for a bit? Or should I just go for the Magni/Modi stack?

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #1,586 of 13,350
A very late mail truck was outside my building as I was on the way out the door for work at 6:30 PM. I tracked him down to make sure I got my package! I haven't even had a chance to open the box for my Magni. Shipping was FAST, as I wasn't expecting it until the end of the week using USPS. My First Schiit!

I can finally try those G-Snake cables I bought two years ago too (the E9 and O2 needed a dual RCA to single RCA cable).

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,587 of 13,350
Any chance you could do the Modi with the A2? Would definitely hold you out until the Bifrost.
Quote:
Need some advice as to whether or not I'm doing the right thing...

I've pretty much just started getting into hp's. Started last year with some grado sr80i's. Then upgraded to the sr225i's lst month, but can't say I was really happy with them. Currently, I have HD650's and ended up getting the Asgard 2. My problem is that I don't have a DAC right now. Had the nuForce icon 2 which is a DAC/Amp, but ended up returning it. My plan is to keep the A2 and save up for the bifrost(which probably won't be until next year seeing as I just dropped over $500 already). Am I doing the right thing by just having an amp for a bit? Or should I just go for the Magni/Modi stack?

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #1,588 of 13,350
Any chance you could do the Modi with the A2? Would definitely hold you out until the Bifrost.

Yeah, I would second this. Pick up a Modi or ODAC to tide you over and then sell it when you've bought your Bifrost.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #1,589 of 13,350
Quote:
A very late mail truck was outside my building as I was on the way out the door for work at 6:30 PM. I tracked him down to make sure I got my package! I haven't even had a chance to open the box for my Magni. Shipping was FAST, as I wasn't expecting it until the end of the week using USPS. My First Schiit!

I can finally try those G-Snake cables I bought two years ago too (the E9 and O2 needed adual RCA to single RCA cable).

Do you remember how long it took for the order to process and go out the door? I've spent the better part of today glancing over at my phone in hopes of a shipping update email. They say 1-3 business days so I am definitely not complaining, it's just my impatience coming through. Priority Mail is pretty impressive so I'm still hopeful that I'll get my Magni by the end of the week.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #1,590 of 13,350
Do you remember how long it took for the order to process and go out the door? I've spent the better part of today glancing over at my phone in hopes of a shipping update email. They say 1-3 business days so I am definitely not complaining, it's just my impatience coming through. Priority Mail is pretty impressive so I'm still hopeful that I'll get my Magni by the end of the week.

Ordered Thursday, shipped Friday, received Monday (From California to Georgia, no less)!

When I order protein from California, it takes a week and a half - so I guess I'm just pleasantly surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back