Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #497 of 13,350
Advice Wanted: Just bought Lyr from a member.

Pretty excited, especially since it comes with some extra tubes.  But, I overspent on my amp budget by about $100.  I was going to get the HiFiMan HE400, but now, I'd like to find out if I can spend $300 on some cans rather than $400.

So, here are my questions:
Any recommendation for $300 cans to use with the Lyr?
At $400, are the HE400's the best bet? Or are there other cans I should look at?

FYI, I listen to a wide variety of music... Here is my current preference: country (old country and bluegrass), female vocals with heavy bass in the background (eg. Dido or Lana Del Rey), lounge with vocals (Pink Martini), rap (Jay-Z), Indian Punjabi music, and alternative/pop (AWOLNATION, Vampire Weekend).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the HD-600's and use them with the Lyr with great result. reccomended.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #499 of 13,350
Quote:
I stack them, Bifrost on the bottom obviously, and it works just great. I think they are designed to work this way. My guess is you don't really need to increase the separation any beyond the little feet they give you in the box.

That's what Jason has said as well, just use the feet they come with and you'll be fine (you do have a 5 year warranty, so he wouldn't say that if they weren't sure).

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #500 of 13,350
Quote:

That's what Jason has said as well, just use the feet they come with and you'll be fine (you do have a 5 year warranty, so he wouldn't say that if they weren't sure).

Uh, Jasons retiring in 3 years. So...
tongue.gif

The stock feet are ok, but getting some sorbothane feet provides additional space for cooling
and they look nicer.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #505 of 13,350
Quote:
Uh, Jasons retiring in 3 years. So...
tongue.gif

The stock feet are ok, but getting some sorbothane feet provides additional space for cooling
and they look nicer.

OH HELLLLLLLL NO!

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #508 of 13,350
I'm looking for some Schiit. I have a set of HD600s and Senn. Momentums and I'm bouncing between an Asgard or the Valhalla. I'd like to have the Valhalla for my HD600s to give them a little warmth but the Valhalla is rated at 32 ohm minimum output while my Senn. Momentums are rated at 18 ohms. I don't plan to us the Momentums on the Vallhalla much at all but the 18 ohm bit worries me.

Any input?

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #509 of 13,350
Quote:
I'm looking for some Schiit. I have a set of HD600s and Senn. Momentums and I'm bouncing between an Asgard or the Valhalla. I'd like to have the Valhalla for my HD600s to give them a little warmth but the Valhalla is rated at 32 ohm minimum output while my Senn. Momentums are rated at 18 ohms. I don't plan to us the Momentums on the Vallhalla much at all but the 18 ohm bit worries me.

Any input?

hi.

I have hd800 and i'm using Asgard.  It sounds fantastic.  I think yours as well.

hope this help.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #510 of 13,350

Any input?

Seconded, the Asgard is excellent with the HD600s. I've heard good things about the Valhalla as well, but I can say from personal experience that the Asgard definitely works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back