Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 3, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #13,036 of 13,350
New Schiit owner since this week.

Got my Loki 3 days ago.
Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit will follow later this year.

Maybe this will be my personal endgame for a very long time :)

I think you'll love the MJ2 and GMB ... I've had both for 3 years now and haven't felt the need to upgrade.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #13,037 of 13,350
I think you'll love the MJ2 and GMB ... I've had both for 3 years now and haven't felt the need to upgrade.
From what I've read in the past months, they could really be what I expect from my endgame. Super excited to get them.
Likely will still wait a few months since I only just bought new headphones. Gotta spread out the spendings a little.

What headphones do you use with them?
Did you Tube roll?

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #13,038 of 13,350
What headphones do you use with them?
Did you Tube roll?

I use mostly Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open but also Sennheiser HD650 ... I use a cable with XLR connectors which I got from Forza Audioworks in Poland. The GMB to MJ2 cables I use Schiit's own short XLR cables.

I did a little tube-rolling ... it can work out expensive. I quickly settled on the General Electric 5670 5-Star (they need adapters as the pins are a different configuration). These are reasonably priced at €40 the pair when I got them. I'm happy with the result.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #13,039 of 13,350
I use mostly Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open but also Sennheiser HD650 ... I use a cable with XLR connectors which I got from Forza Audioworks in Poland. The GMB to MJ2 cables I use Schiit's own short XLR cables.

I did a little tube-rolling ... it can work out expensive. I quickly settled on the General Electric 5670 5-Star (they need adapters as the pins are a different configuration). These are reasonably priced at €40 the pair when I got them. I'm happy with the result.
Can you please describe the sound difference between those and the Stock tubes?
I personally will get some norne audio cables.
Edit: I checked out Forza Audioworks after reading your comment. Seems also like a viable Alternative

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #13,040 of 13,350
Which part of my “issues” is due to bad tube are you thinking?

This is brand new Saga, so I would assume the tube should be good.

Had a tube go bad with my Saga (original) and the symptoms are buzzing on speakers and when I turn the volume up or down, the clicks are also heard through the speakers. Replaced that with a NOS tube and buzzing, humming completely disappeared. In your case it might be the Vidar clearly having issues. Have you tried another integrated amp with a ground plug to see if the same problem happens?

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #13,041 of 13,350
Had a tube go bad with my Saga (original) and the symptoms are buzzing on speakers and when I turn the volume up or down, the clicks are also heard through the speakers. Replaced that with a NOS tube and buzzing, humming completely disappeared. In your case it might be the Vidar clearly having issues. Have you tried another integrated amp with a ground plug to see if the same problem happens?
Okay, good to know about what a bad tube sounds like in case I ever get there, maybe i'll grab another tube for fun and compare anyway.

I dont have another amp to try, maybe i'll grab one off amazon to test and return :)

I did find today that using a ground lift adapter the hum is pretty much gone from speakers. So i ordered a couple HumX plugs today, hopefully that gets rid of hum 100%.

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #13,042 of 13,350
New Schiit owner since this week.

Got my Loki 3 days ago.
Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit will follow later this year.

Maybe this will be my personal endgame for a very long time :)

The Loki was the first piece of Schiit for me too. I bought it 3-4 months ago. Now I also own a Bifrost Multibit, and have a Magni 3 and Modi on the way. I think I'm good for now.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #13,043 of 13,350
The Loki was the first piece of Schiit for me too. I bought it 3-4 months ago. Now I also own a Bifrost Multibit, and have a Magni 3 and Modi on the way. I think I'm good for now.
Sounds great!
I have plans to buy a Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit some time this year.
This should be my personal endgame for a long time then.

Edit: just realized that I basically wrote the same 2 weeks ago in the quote that was responded to, maybe I shouldn't write posts in themiddle of the night

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #13,044 of 13,350
Hey all I recently terenatied the RCA inputs on my jotunheim and MJ2. Let just get this out of the way. I was that guy who said how much of a difference can this make. Well it did a TON, the bass got thicker the kids and highs got more dynamic it’s straight up crazy

May 18, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #13,045 of 13,350
Long time Schiit owner here with the original magni and modi stack back in 2012. Got out of the game for awhile but recently started getting into the head fi game again and upgraded to the Jotunheim with the MB and it’s been fantastic.

Now looking to upgrade to the gungnir and the mjolnir. May look to add vidars as monos to the mix for a near field set up.

overall love this Schiit! Excited to see what else they come out with!

May 19, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #13,046 of 13,350
I'm looking to make a little audio listening corner in my bedroom, I now have 2 kids so need a getaway! I was looking at the Magni 3+ and Modi combo and my Samsung Note 10+ will be the source (Tidal/USB Audio Player Pro). I do currently have a Oppo HA-2 portable DAC/Amp and I guess I could put that there with my cans but I was wondering if anyone could chime in if the Schiit stack would do better than this?
Would be using either my Q701's (bass mod) or Senn Momentum 2 over-ears.

PS. Obviously the Schiit stack would LOOK much better :wink:

May 19, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #13,047 of 13,350
Can you please describe the sound difference between those and the Stock tubes?
I personally will get some norne audio cables.
Edit: I checked out Forza Audioworks after reading your comment. Seems also like a viable Alternative

Take a look at Custom Cans in the UK

May 19, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #13,048 of 13,350
Sounds great!
I have plans to buy a Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit some time this year.
This should be my personal endgame for a long time then.

Edit: just realized that I basically wrote the same 2 weeks ago in the quote that was responded to, maybe I shouldn't write posts in themiddle of the night

Gumby is great, more analog than its big brother. On paper the Mjolnir 2 seems like a great amp. I needed the ability to drive speakers so I ended up with the Ragnarok - but I've always envied the tube option (oh yeah no longer) of the M-nir. It's got the power even for an HE-6. Enjoy!

May 19, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #13,049 of 13,350
Gumby is great, more analog than its big brother. On paper the Mjolnir 2 seems like a great amp. I needed the ability to drive speakers so I ended up with the Ragnarok - but I've always envied the tube option (oh yeah no longer) of the M-nir. It's got the power even for an HE-6. Enjoy!

Yeah from what I read even compared to their bigger siblings they bring nice features.

Like the "more analog " sound compared to the yggi, which is offen just a matter of taste.

May 19, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #13,050 of 13,350
Yeah from what I read even compared to their bigger siblings they bring nice features.

Like the "more analog " sound compared to the yggi, which is offen just a matter of taste.

Well the Yggi is basically a piece of lab equipment. The Gumby errs from that level in a few ways, and intentionally or non-intentionally they can be classed as "analog" to my ear. Put it this other way. I had a 12.2k piece vinyl collection and basically a SoTA turntable/arm/cartridge/step-up, and I heard the Gumby 1 - and viola hardware gone, vinyl collection gone (took 5 years). Before that DAC's sounded like torture to me, except a Krell and ARC that both cost in low $20k range each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back