Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #12,076 of 13,350

I love how my Valhalla 2 & Bifrost sound with my HD-700's.  I listen to everything from classical and jazz to 70's rock and Berlin-school electronic music and can't say enough things about how they work so well together.  If you do get the Val 2, invest in a set of socket savers to raise the tubes out of the enclosure to cool it down a bit.  It still gets hot, but not as hot as without them installed.

Good point on the socket savers. It can also save wear and tear on your original sockets in the event you roll tubes as much as I do.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #12,077 of 13,350
Question on the muting relay in Lyr 2, does it work the same whether you are switching the power on at the switch on the case or if you leave the switch on and switch externally? 

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #12,081 of 13,350
  It looks like they have the Bifrost here for a discounted price. I didn't see the Valhalla 2, though.

http://www.headphonebar.com/schiit-bifrost/

Nice. 

Nice and thanks for the quick reply. I'm excited to sample the Valalla2+Bitfrost combo and need to figure out how to get them into Canada without it costing me almost double. 

Also a satisfied Valhalla/Bifrost 4490 user here. Fantastic combo with my HD600 and T1's. Stock tubes really didn't appeal to me, so some tube rolling was necessary. Since settling on some tubes I've had no urge to upgrade or try anything different. I moved from the Modi/Vali combo and the shift was well worth the dollars. That being said, I also recently bought a Garage1217 Polaris for low impedance cans and to fill the void for warm up time on the Valhalla.

Headphone Bar's deal on the Bifrost 4490 is a no brainer IMO, they're a great shop for Canadians. Their price right now is pretty stellar and you'd be pretty hard pressed to find the same configuration used for much less. Most of their stock comes with free shipping and the staff is great with inquiries and quick to give support. They won't carry the Valhalla however, made the inquiry myself before buying mine from Schiit directly and the answer was they had issues getting a consistent stock from Schiit to their liking. Keep an eye or post a wanted ad on canuckaudiomart.com. They pop up there from time to time but consider that Schiit doesn't transfer warranty on used product. So unless the price is too good to pass up, biting the bullet and buying from Schiit directly might be a better option. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #12,083 of 13,350
Sep 10, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #12,084 of 13,350
I'm listening to a CD of the Greatfull Dead through a Valhalla2 Bifrost DS setup, it sounds way better then thorough my FIIO and iPod. The bass and deep notes weren't as good and I could tell the music was weak, but Schiit is really clearing it up and details.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #12,085 of 13,350
Question on the muting relay in Lyr 2, does it work the same whether you are switching the power on at the switch on the case or if you leave the switch on and switch externally? 

Curious about this same thing. My pile of Schiit is difficult to reach and I'd love to power up and down with a remote outlet.

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #12,086 of 13,350
Curious about this same thing. My pile of Schiit is difficult to reach and I'd love to power up and down with a remote outlet.

Do a search on EBay for Side Socket, it is a six outlet power strip with remote control.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #12,087 of 13,350
I use the iHome plug from Home Depot $29 only mention that because Amazon wanted 39.
I have the amp scheduled to turn on a couple hours before I use it 
L3000.gif

It turns out that the mute relay works at least on turn on and I think it does on turnoff as well.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #12,088 of 13,350
It turns out that the mute relay works at least on turn on and I think it does on turnoff as well.

This is what I've been wondering... do the components power up and down in the same way as flipping the switch? I'd hate for it to be damaging them in some way.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #12,089 of 13,350
I asked Schiit about powering on and off with a power strip or remote outlet:

Yes it should be fine.

Nick T
Schiit Tech

tech@schiit.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back