Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #11,148 of 13,350
Seems like every thread I'm subscribed to has been trolled by a nut job recently.

We're all audiophiles.... so the whole lot of us are nutjobs 
atsmile.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #11,150 of 13,350
Anyone notice that 'finish' was added to the dropdowns for a lot of products? They appear to be exclusively "Silver" and "Silver B Stock", but the Mjolnir 1 has Black listed. Makes me wonder if we're finally going to get Black as an option regularly.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #11,151 of 13,350
Anyone notice that 'finish' was added to the dropdowns for a lot of products? They appear to be exclusively "Silver" and "Silver B Stock", but the Mjolnir 1 has Black listed. Makes me wonder if we're finally going to get Black as an option regularly.

Jason recently made a post about that. Basically all the B stocks will appear under finish. I don't think black is going to be a regular option though.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #11,152 of 13,350
Jason recently made a post about that. Basically all the B stocks will appear under finish. I don't think black is going to be a regular option though.

The official word on black:

When we have them, black products will appear in the "finish" category. I don't anticipate we'll have black all the time, nor do I anticipate there will be much black product...so if you see it, and you want black finish, grab it!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #11,153 of 13,350

The official word on black:

When we have them, black products will appear in the "finish" category. I don't anticipate we'll have black all the time, nor do I anticipate there will be much black product...so if you see it, and you want black finish, grab it!

Sounds like I'll have to continually stalk the website... challenge accepted.

Thanks for responding directly.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #11,154 of 13,350
Ok, but how much of a difference does it make?

The answer is 3.

Patience grasshopper.
In due course others will chime in and provide their feedback.

But asking questions such as these, where any answer is subjective to start with, system dependent in the 2nd place, and 3rd there is no possible answer that will match your experience, just adds to the noise quotient.

I think we can all relate to the excitement you feel that motivates you to want to know, thus you ask questions.
But at this stage of your learning about this whole arena, it will serve you better to listen to what others are contributing, rather than asking nearly unanswerable questions.

Or better yet if your circumstance allows, find out for yourself.

Go to local meets (if possible), and listen to setups others have put together.

In short gain some experience with not only what is available but what your own preferences truly are.
This takes time and effort, but it would appear that you have plenty of time to explore these various aspects of this hobby, that does fascinate us so.

JJ

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #11,155 of 13,350
Thank you!

The answer is 3.

Patience grasshopper.

But asking questions such as these, where any answer is subjective to start with, system dependent in the 2nd place, and 3rd there is no possible answer that will match your experience, just adds to the noise quotient.

I think we can all relate to the excitement you feel that motivates you to want to know, thus you ask questions.
But at this stage of your learning about this whole arena, it will serve you better to listen to what others are contributing, rather than asking nearly unanswerable questions.

In short gain some experience with not only what is available but what your own preferences truly are.
This takes time and effort, but it would appear that you have plenty of time to explore these various aspects of this hobby, that does fascinate us so.

JJ

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #11,156 of 13,350
What Mr. Miyagi (johnjen) said.

Don't get caught up in who has the best numbers, shiniest face plate or who thinks whats better than what.  Slow down grab a glass of scotch, Whiskey or a whatever you prefer and enjoy the music,  At the end of the day That's whats its all about.

Quote:

The answer is 3.

Patience grasshopper.

JJ

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #11,157 of 13,350
If I had the money I would gladly fly you to my home and let you check out my stacks of schiit. My spontaneous purchase, this last Friday night has emptied my savings for this year. I need to control my audiophile monkey, before I do something stupid.
smily_headphones1.gif

LCD-4  
Calling your name...
Reddog...I'm the One...

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #11,158 of 13,350
LCD-4  
Calling your name...
Reddog...I'm the One...

Quiet you lol, that headphone does haunt me. But what really tempts me because it has been discontinued, is Cavalli's Liquid Glass. The Damned Audeze LCD 4 will still be tempting me next year. The Liquid Glass will soon be sold out and I wanted to hear this amp drive my headphones. Lol one can not always get what one wants.:)

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #11,159 of 13,350
HAVE MY BIFROST SETUP!
Thank you all for the help!
sorry for any dumb questions!

I think I notice a bigger "space" already and not as high pitch, I'm listening to some indie music songs that regularly come up on a station as they did on my modi/valhalla2 setup,
Now it's a Bifrost-Valhalla2 setup!

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #11,160 of 13,350
Jason is a beast! Schiit rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back