Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 28, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #10,576 of 13,350
I have to use IEMs because I can't get by sting magnets, so,
What would the ideal specs be for IEMs to use with the Valhalla2?
Thanks
My employee number is 0001, probably because I turned in my paperwork first.  My official title is Director of Operations- I really just do whatever is needed on any given day to make things happen.  Thanks for the compliments.  We always appreciate hearing that we are doing a good job. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #10,579 of 13,350
  Our warranties do not transfer to the second and subsequent owners.  The recipient of a gift is considered the first owner if the gift is given in a reasonable time.  Six months later is questionable.  We don't want to be on the hook for broken Schiit that gets broken because it was sold to five or six people in four years.  A lot of these transactions Aegruin describes in his suggestions are pretty questionable.  They seem designed to avoid paying duties and taxes- a gift is a gift but a grey market transaction to avoid paying VAT or import duties is very questionable.

We usually repair a few units a month that are received damaged by the second, third, or fourth owner.  We don't gouge with our repair bills, the cost is often less than 10 dollars for our small products with the price increasing based on the size, complexity of the product, and type of damage.  We've had units that have been struck by lightning, a cat urinated into an Asgard, we had one guy whose workspace was so filthy that when we opened his Mjolnir we found filth and dead cockroaches- those guys get charged.  We get units that are dinged, scratched, and dented.  We've had customers decide to take their products apart and then put them together wrong.  All these folks have one thing in common, when we finished they weren't given an inflated repair bill.

We also don't hold warranty repairs hostage.  I contacted Aegruin personally and advised him to have the original owner contact us and we would work to get this thing taken care of.  The ball is in his court.  If we lied and cheated people, it would be common knowledge on headfi and other audio forums. 

We do our best to treat people honorably and with respect.  At the same time, if we repaired every second, third, or fourth hand product out there our costs would go up and we would be forced to charge more to all customers to cover this cost.  Most of our customers hold on their products are are very happy with them.  There is no reason they should be asked to subsidize people who choose to resell their products.

Schiit is by far the most transparent electronics company I have ever heard of and bought from. The amount of detail Jason has disclosed and discussed in his thread sets them apart from the competition. But regardless, the products speak for themselves. I auditioned the few competing products I could find in the Asgard 2 price range and not one offered the same level of construction and sound quality. The 5 year warranty gave me the confidence to buy it from them having never heard it, but after owning it for around two years now I can say with confidence I will never need that warranty.

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #10,584 of 13,350
Lyr 2 with LISST and bifrost uber USB is shipped! Can't wait! First schiit products. Actually first dac and amp too lol

+1 nice way to start. Enjoy your new Schiit...

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #10,586 of 13,350
Congrats my friend, it is a very slippery slope now though. Before you know it you'll be rocking a rag/yggy combo with some summit-fi phones.

:xf_eek: :)

Yes that is the slippery slope I am traversing now. Started out modestly and I have just ordered my third TOTL headphone, the ETHER C. And that does not include a Yggdrasil and Gungnir Multibit. My wallet has agreed, not to talk to me till christmas.

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #10,587 of 13,350
Thanks guys. Hmm... And. I was thinking this will be my one and only dac and amp combo! Haha is there such a big difference with the even more expensive stuff?? Eekkk.

Congrats my friend, it is a very slippery slope now though. Before you know it you'll be rocking a rag/yggy combo with some summit-fi phones.

:xf_eek: :)

+1 nice way to start. Enjoy your new Schiit...

Yes that is the slippery slope I am traversing now. Started out modestly and I have just ordered my third TOTL headphone, the ETHER C. And that does not include a Yggdrasil and Gungnir Multibit. My wallet has agreed, not to talk to me till christmas.

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #10,588 of 13,350
So with the SYS, that's more for if I have 2 Schiit DACs? To switch inbetween rather then 2 headphone amps?
I'm now kinda just wanting to find an excuse to buy even more Schiit haha

Yes.  Two source inputs and one output with a volume control in the middle.  So if you have a phono setup as a source and a DAC as your other source you can switch between them.  Off book, you can turn the volume all the way up and plug your source in to the output and two amps in the inputs and use it to choose between two amps.  I've used it both ways.  The electrons don't seem to care.

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #10,589 of 13,350

Yes.  Two source inputs and one output with a volume control in the middle.  So if you have a phono setup as a source and a DAC as your other source you can switch between them.  Off book, you can turn the volume all the way up and plug your source in to the output and two amps in the inputs and use it to choose between two amps.  I've used it both ways.  The electrons don't seem to care.

That's how I use mine.  Off book to switch between amps.

Wish you would build a Sys 2 with 2 switchable inputs and 2 outputs that could be switched to use either or both.  Please...

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #10,590 of 13,350
  That's how I use mine.  Off book to switch between amps.

Wish you would build a Sys 2 with 2 switchable inputs and 2 outputs that could use either or both.  Please...

Or one with 3 or 4 inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back