Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #6,256 of 13,350
50? Don't sell Ditka short, now.

On-topic, though -- I just got my own office and I'm thinking of relocating my Vali/Modi there, and moving up to Bifrost/Lyr 2 at home. It seems like the logical "step-up" from the former, though I am quite interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with LyrFrost.

Ruin my wallet. Go.

Yes, that is the logical upgrade, and an actual one too. And it's worth it. especially since I'm free to tell OTHER people how to spend $. :smiling_imp:

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #6,257 of 13,350
^2nd on Mr Heiser, the Lyr 2 is a phenomenal amp, dead quiet in low (and high as far as my experience goes), and a powerhouse in high. It is driving my Alpha Dogs, HD650's, PSB M4U1's and SONY XBA-4 IEM's very well. I am also going to add a Bitfrost, presently I have a Wyrd/Modi combination that is also very good!

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #6,258 of 13,350
^2nd on Mr Heiser, the Lyr 2 is a phenomenal amp, dead quiet in low (and high as far as my experience goes), and a powerhouse in high. It is driving my Alpha Dogs, HD650's, PSB M4U1's and SONY XBA-4 IEM's very well. I am also going to add a Bitfrost, presently I have a Wyrd/Modi combination that is also very good!

I'm the last one to correct someone else's spelling - but I thought it was Bitfrost too - but it's actaully Bifrost, no "t".  

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #6,259 of 13,350
  I'm the last one to correct someone else's spelling - but I thought it was Bitfrost too - but it's actaully Bifrost, no "t".  

I like to call mine Uberfrost.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #6,261 of 13,350
I think my wallet can recover for some time now, as I have no interest in tubes and would like to stay in Bifrost/Asgard form factor. Another solid state amp in the same size would be tempting though.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,262 of 13,350
Oh don't worry. You have plenty of time to wait for Ragnarok XD
yes my wallet quakes in fear of the day the Ragnarok is let loose upon us humble audiophiles. However now I am saving up for a good dac like the uber bifrost or the Gungnir. Hope everyone has a great time listening to their rigs.:)

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #6,263 of 13,350
So I just listened to the my Asgard 2/Bifrost/LCD-XC combo for the first time.  

1. They fixed the harshness problem I was having with Skyfall (HD download) - or at least alleviated it.
2. The soundstage just totally opened up.  I think.  LOL - haven't gone back to the Modi yet.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #6,264 of 13,350
  So I just listened to the my Asgard 2/Bifrost/LCD-XC combo for the first time.  

1. They fixed the harshness problem I was having with Skyfall (HD download) - or at least alleviated it.
2. The soundstage just totally opened up.  I think.  LOL - haven't gone back to the Modi yet.

OK Ya, the soundstage is incredible.  My heart is actually beating faster - lol.  Schiit is the... well you know.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #6,265 of 13,350
Can anyone post pictures of how they plugged their schiit into their computer? I'm a visual person, I think I bought the right cables.

I got a USB cable for my DAC and then one RCA to 3.5mm like their website says.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #6,268 of 13,350
I found a bunch of RCA cables in the garage that my father never uses.. score. 

Thanks for the picture. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #6,269 of 13,350
  Can anyone post pictures of how they plugged their schiit into their computer? I'm a visual person, I think I bought the right cables.

I got a USB cable for my DAC and then one RCA to 3.5mm like their website says.

USB from the computer to where it says "in" on the back of the Bifrost.  The USB cable for the Bifrost is known as A/B type.  Otherwise use 'mini' or 'micro' connectors... Depends on the DAC.

Then, RCA out from the DAC to RCA in on the preamp or headphone amp.  Red to red and white to white.

A 3.5mm-to-RCA cable would only be used if you either use a DAC with a 3.5mm output and no RCA connectors, or if you don't have a DAC and want to connect a headphone output on the computer to a preamp/amp.

A picture, for what it's worth...

http://www.rockgarden.net/download/connected.jpeg

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #6,270 of 13,350
I have a really sneaky suspicion that I'm about to bite the proverbial bullet and finally take the plunge and order the Valhalla 2, Uber Bifrost and some Sennheiser Hd-650s. I finally got my new desktop built and now I need some much needed audiophile upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back