Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 16, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #6,106 of 13,350
  To StanD- here are the words strait from the horses mouths at Schiit. 

So, what the heck is this little thing? Well, it’s either the world’s most expensive and limited USB hub, or it’s the key to eliminating sticky USB audio problems. Simply put, it cleans up your USB connection, eliminating noise and glitches caused by crappy USB power or USB port power management. 
The Cure for Noise and Glitches
Have you ever heard strange noise from your USB DAC? Or have you had it “drop out” after the computer goes to sleep? Or does your computer have trouble recognizing your DAC at all? It could be due to noisy USB power, or USB port power management (very common with Windows 8 and Mac Mavericks.)

I use an Imac to run my sound and to me I did hear more resolution and clarity as well as a narrowed soundfield which, to me, is an acceptable trade off.  

As far as my preference to upgrade my power cables it works like this- I live in an apartment that the voltage and amps change alot and i want to protect my gear as much as possible so I run extra insulated power cables, power conditioner and voltage ups unit to manage the voltage.  All of the above will improve the noise floor to near silent.  even running a tube amp like the Lyr.

Now RCA cables and upgraded USB cables are a completely different animal. I highly recommend buying USB and RCA cables through monoprice.com.  The cables are very inexpensive and high build quality.  I choose to buy custom cables because Im after a certain tone quality and RCA cables will affect timbre and tone greatly.   

On Last comment- I am a Berklee trained musician with relative pitch- my ears are very very sensitive.  Most people cannot hear the changes I notice- its a blessing and a curse.    Please continue to question everything in the audiophile world..There is ALOT!! of smoky mirror products and too many people have snake oil to sell you.  It is very addicting to be an audiophile but the fundamental question we must ask is "how perfect does my sound system need to be."

Happy hunting   

If you're expecting sonic improvements, here's something else from the horses' mouths at Schiit about the Wyrd.
Improves Sound, Color Printing, Data Stability
Just kidding. This is silly. That’s like saying charging your iPhone off Wyrd makes the battery last longer. But some listeners say Wyrd improves the sound of their system. We’re not going to make any such claims. Nor are we going to recommend it for printers, external USB drives, or iPhone chargers. 

As a further note, many of us expect to hear things and so we do. Read my signature for further clarification. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #6,107 of 13,350
Many of us expect to read things other than your signature.
Give it a rest.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #6,111 of 13,350
I am from Melbourne. Winters all good never gets that cold. It rarely gets below double digits centigrade. I was recently in Tasmania just a stunning place.

Unfortunately down here in Tassie its been getting down below double digits all too often >.>

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #6,114 of 13,350
Got my 2nd piece of Schiit, the Asgard 2. At first I was wondering why everyone was saying it's super hot, 30mins later I found out. 

How do fellow owners of the A2 turn the HOT volume knob? Especially without ruining the good looks.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #6,116 of 13,350
^^ We former Linebackers use our lips :astonished:!

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #6,117 of 13,350
Day-um.  We former wrestlers use our -----s.

Edit:  you can also use special audio gloves:

http://www.dogfunk.com/burton-mix-master-glove-mens?CMP_SKU=BUR5712&MER=0406&skid=BUR5712-TRUBK-M&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc003&mv_pc=r101&mr:trackingCode=6A2F6F93-3435-E311-A497-90E2BA285E75&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=45476772945&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=65220649785&mkwid=sUB3G0Omj_dc%7Cpcrid%7C45476772945&gclid=COLsgMrn0r8CFUYV7AodzCYAiA

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #6,118 of 13,350
^^Ahum......Mr. Heiser, a little decorum please, we former Naval Aviators use our tailhooks..............it's kinda like Pilates :laughing:.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6,119 of 13,350
^^Ahum......Mr. Heiser, a little decorum please, we former Naval Aviators use our tailhooks..............it's kinda like Pilates :laughing:.

be careful that your tailhook doesn't drag when it isn't supposed to !

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #6,120 of 13,350
The following can be a very painful proposition, sometimes requiring Doc to break out the big shot :syringe: that treats :name_badge: down below.

be careful that your tailhook doesn't drag when it isn't supposed to !

Though back to topic, listening to Hendrix's Electric Ladyland, the first, and last album he produced. The Man was a genius, damn that heroin! Compliments of Wyrd>Modi>Lyr 2> Alpha Dogs a killer album....give it a listen sometime..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back