Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #3,706 of 13,350
  CONGRATULATIONS  !!!!

Now you and your wallet need to go HERE.

Give me a break, sceleratus! But thanks! The expression 'tube-rolling' was already troubling my composure.
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #3,707 of 13,350
The Lyr is on its way! I now need a good CD transport... Ideas?

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #3,711 of 13,350
+1
Mac user.....
Audirvana for iTunes integration.
smile.gif

Amarra sounds a tad better, but you can't beat the Audirvana tiny iTunes proxy files for flac.  (IMO)
Schiit Gungnir
The last thing to touch a CD was XLD
All vinyl has been ripped to flac using a MOTO Microbook finessed with ClickRepair.
Everything is backed up to 3T Pegasus R4 RAID 5.   And a 1T portable.

Get a Schiit Gungnir your and call it your CD transport.  Done

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3,712 of 13,350

Thank you so much, folks. I have also e-mailed Schiit who were very helpful. The Lyr is on its way! An interesting thing to me in this thread is the sheer number of people who have LOTS of equipment - there are practically complete collections of, er, Schiit out there... I'll let you know how it goes. Burn-in time advice, anyone?

What tubes are you planning to use with the lyr? The sound will be more effected by the tubes than burn in. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #3,713 of 13,350
  I brought the Onkyo 3070 for $110 best CD only player for the price.

I also have the 7030 and agree it's a great value. I'm curious what advantage a $300-500 + player would give you. I feel like I get great, clean, neutral sound.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3,716 of 13,350

What tubes are you planning to use with the lyr? The sound will be more effected by the tubes than burn in. 

I took Nick's advice and ordered the NOS Tungsram ECC85 tubes with the unit. That means absolutely nothing to me - yet. I am hanging about here and hoping to learn...

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #3,717 of 13,350
Purchased an Asfard 2 and Modi, not sure why I thought the Asgard would be huge and the Modi tiny. The Modi is smaller than I expected and the Asgard not as large, and dare I day the Modi looks just so... Cute on top of the Asgard. Such quality from a tiny DAC.

I think its an improvement from my old e7/e9, haven't heard it long enough to say for sure but just having 24/96 playback is a huge plus.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #3,718 of 13,350

I also have the 7030 and agree it's a great value. I'm curious what advantage a $300-500 + player would give you. I feel like I get great, clean, neutral sound.

I think that you will reach that point of dismissing returns and in some cases just a different sonic “flavor“ of sound. I think that the only point with a more expensive unit is to add more features like the OPPO.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #3,719 of 13,350

+1.  I tried my friend's Lyr with JJ tubes... HATED it. Afterwards, my friend got some Russion NOS tubes... better. Then he got his hands on some Amperex Orange Globes... yummmmmmm

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #3,720 of 13,350

I think that you will reach that point of dismissing returns and in some cases just a different sonic “flavor“ of sound. I think that the only point with a more expensive unit is to add more features like the OPPO.

^^agree with this. I did the Oppo 103 so I could also replace my blu-ray player that was acting up.  really like the fact that it can be networked, read thumb drives, and be controlled by my android devices etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back