Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 23, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #12,414 of 13,350
tomorrow i will receive(i hope)my first schiit: jotunheim with dac card

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #12,416 of 13,350

What made you choose that one?
I looked at it but it didn't make much sense to me when I could pick a Modi Multibit + Magni 2 Uber or pay a bit more for a Asguard.

Could be the convenience of an all-in-one unit. Or possibly planning on using XLR connections.

The ability to use XLR in the future is why I personally upgraded to Jotunheim from Magni 2 Uber. But if you never plan to......yeah, either of those 2 choices would be good.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #12,417 of 13,350
What made you choose that one?

I looked at it but it didn't make much sense to me when I could pick a Modi Multibit + Magni 2 Uber or pay a bit more for a Asguard.

Just because i had,in the past, separate components and more headphones at the same time and today i'm looking for a simple and friendly system but with some quality.
Otherwise i'm tired to find the holy graal

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #12,418 of 13,350
Just because i had,in the past, separate components and more headphones at the same time and today i'm looking for a simple and friendly system but with some quality.
Otherwise i'm tired to find the holy graal

I wonder if they are going to bring the Multibit to that product aswell.

Could be the convenience of an all-in-one unit. Or possibly planning on using XLR connections.

The ability to use XLR in the future is why I personally upgraded to Jotunheim from Magni 2 Uber. But if you never plan to......yeah, either of those 2 choices would be good.

True if you need XLR it makes sense.

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #12,419 of 13,350

I wonder if they are going to bring the Multibit to that product aswell.

You never know, but I imagine it'll be quite difficult to fit a balanced multibit setup onto a dac card the size of the one in the Joty.  Not to say that something being difficult has stopped Schiit in the past, but I would be very surprised.  I run a Modi Multibit into my Jotunheim.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #12,420 of 13,350

You never know, but I imagine it'll be quite difficult to fit a balanced multibit setup onto a dac card the size of the one in the Joty.  Not to say that something being difficult has stopped Schiit in the past, but I would be very surprised.  I run a Modi Multibit into my Jotunheim.

Well the chip itself isn't too big, I think they can do it with some clever engineering :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back