Schiit Owners Unite
May 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #11,791 of 13,350
It's to protect their liability, I feel like that's pretty obvious. If they told someone a 5 year old could do it and someone messed up, they are going to be an angry customer.

Very true. However, they could also say that. That also should be pretty obvious.

May 15, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #11,793 of 13,350
  I am new to the audiophile world, but my friend owns a pair of Hifiman HE-500's and I am about to become the owner of a pair of      HE-400's and is using a Schiit dac and amp and they sound amazing. What amp/dac combo would you all recommend buying from this company? I listen to mostly electronic music and do not have thousands of dollars to spend but I will put down good money for a quality product.

IMO, the best price/performance with Schiit right now are the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber for the lower-budget and Gungnir + Mjolnir 2 for higher budget.

Both sets are powerful enough to drive HE-400's or HE-500's

May 25, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #11,794 of 13,350
  How loud is the hum? It sounds like it's ground looping. Can you try feeding it into another amp?

Finally got around to trying the Uberfrost on a different amp.  Same problem.  It's back to the shop for it.  Might as well upgrade to Bimby while it's there!

May 25, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #11,795 of 13,350

IMO, the best price/performance with Schiit right now are the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber for the lower-budget and Gungnir + Mjolnir 2 for higher budget.

Both sets are powerful enough to drive HE-400's or HE-500's

yup, these two stacks should  be the best seller for the two major groups. One for budget build one for higher end

May 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #11,796 of 13,350
I'm having a blessed day and just wanted to share.  Arizona HiFi is an amazing audio shop in Phoenix AZ that sells all sorts of tubes, amps, speakers and headphones.  I stopped in a few months back when I was in AZ for business and bought a pair of tubes for my Vali 2.  I bought a Phillips JAN 6922 NOS and a Genalex Gold Lion 6922.  When I upgraded to the Mojo 2 I called them up and asked if I could buy another set of matching tubes if I sent mine back to them to have them matched up.  I got to talking to them and let them know I'm a military pilot and that I would try to get a jet and drop in one of these months for training and come pick them up.  Well, it's been a few months and I haven't been able to get back there so I called them up to just place the order and pay for shipping, and they hooked me up with a matched set of each and are shipping it to me free as a "thanks for your service."  I feel so thankful and blessed.  But aside from them giving me free stuff, they really are an awesome shop that I highly encourage anyone in Phoenix to stop by, or if you are looking for tubes and not in AZ, give them a call and see what they have.  When I was there they had a set of Bugle Boy pinched waist 6922s that were a bit more money than I wanted to spend, but they do have cool stuff.  As a bonus there's a great indy record shop next door.  Anyway their website is http://tubeaudio.com/ if anyone is interested.

May 31, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #11,797 of 13,350
Just wanted to jump on this thread, as I am now an official Schiit-head! I have a Valhalla, Lyr and Lyr2. I am using the stock tubes and listen mostly with Grado hp's (fed through Musical Fidelity and Denon DACs). Enjoying the combo so much that I am not even considering tube rolling at all. Very happy camper! 

May 31, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #11,798 of 13,350
Ciao a tutti i proprietari Schiit, ho un Yggdrasil e Mjolnir 2 che uso per il mio Audeze LCD2 ver. 2.2 e in poco tempo si compra per il mio desktop un Asgard 2 e Bifrost Multibit che userò per il mio HiFiMan HE-400i. La Yggdrasil è a mio parere il miglior DAC in tutto il mondo, è semplicemente stupefacente: dinamiche mostruose, ANALOG come il vinile, velocità da paura, altrettanto versatile e produce il miglior basso che abbia mai sentito. Posso dire questo a ragion veduta perché insieme con un Auralic Ariete serve come fonte di un sistema composto da un pre Pass Labs X1, due finale monofonico Jungson JA100 Luxury Edition, Uher AC-10, e cavi per altoparlanti top-end aria-cavo. Il mio Audeze LCD2 è cablato con un veleno tossico Cryo Cavi bloccati argento argento / oro equilibrato. Il mio Mjolnir 2've aggiornato con due valvole Telefunken E288CC selezionato il colore dorato del 1959 ($ 400) e vi posso assicurare che batte amplificatore da $ 3.000. Sarei felice di condividere la mia esperienza di ascolto con altri possessori di Yggdrasil e Mjolnir 2 e, ovviamente, rispetto a qualsiasi altro prodotto Schiit.

May 31, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #11,799 of 13,350
  Ciao a tutti i proprietari Schiit, ho un Yggdrasil e Mjolnir 2 che uso per il mio Audeze LCD2 ver. 2.2 e in poco tempo si compra per il mio desktop un Asgard 2 e Bifrost Multibit che userò per il mio HiFiMan HE-400i. La Yggdrasil è a mio parere il miglior DAC in tutto il mondo, è semplicemente stupefacente: dinamiche mostruose, ANALOG come il vinile, velocità da paura, altrettanto versatile e produce il miglior basso che abbia mai sentito. Posso dire questo a ragion veduta perché insieme con un Auralic Ariete serve come fonte di un sistema composto da un pre Pass Labs X1, due finale monofonico Jungson JA100 Luxury Edition, Uher AC-10, e cavi per altoparlanti top-end aria-cavo. Il mio Audeze LCD2 è cablato con un veleno tossico Cryo Cavi bloccati argento argento / oro equilibrato. Il mio Mjolnir 2've aggiornato con due valvole Telefunken E288CC selezionato il colore dorato del 1959 ($ 400) e vi posso assicurare che batte amplificatore da $ 3.000. Sarei felice di condividere la mia esperienza di ascolto con altri possessori di Yggdrasil e Mjolnir 2 e, ovviamente, rispetto a qualsiasi altro prodotto Schiit.

Ciao. Questo e un forum internazionale e se vuoi domandare qualcosa, per favore devi farlo in Inglese....

Translation: Hi. This is an interantional forum and if you'd like to ask something, please do it in English.

[At least I assume that there are the rules, indeed.]

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #11,801 of 13,350
So I have had my Schiit stack (bifrost 4490, asgard 2) for about two months now and love it.. Due to the warm up time I have become lazy and just leave both on 24/7.. Does anyone else leave their stack on all the time, is there anything I need to be worried about doing this, other than the electric bill that is?

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #11,802 of 13,350
  So I have had my Schiit stack (bifrost 4490, asgard 2) for about two months now and love it.. Due to the warm up time I have become lazy and just leave both on 24/7.. Does anyone else leave their stack on all the time, is there anything I need to be worried about doing this, other than the electric bill that is?

I leave my DAC on all the time, but turn off the amp when I'm not using it. However, I'm using a tube amp. For solid state, there shouldn't be a problem, other than you're reducing the total usable life of the amp. It might last you 10 years, instead of 20 (something like that).

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #11,803 of 13,350
Hello to all Schiit owners, I have a Yggdrasil and Mjolnir 2 that I use for my Audeze LCD2 ver. 2.2 and in no time you will buy for my desktop a Asgard 2 and Bifrost Multibit that I will use for my HiFiMan HE-400i. The Yggdrasil is in my opinion the best DAC in the world, is simply amazing: monstrous dynamics, ANALOG like vinyl, speed from fear, just as versatile and produces the best bass I've ever heard. I can say this advisedly because together with Auralic Aries serves as a source of a system consisting of a pre Pass Labs X1, two final monophonic Jungson JA100 Luxury Edition, Uher AC-10, and cables for air-cord top-end speakers. My Audeze LCD2 is wired with a toxic poison Cryo Cables blocked balanced silver / gold silver. My Mjolnir 2've updated with two Telefunken E288CC valves selected gold in 1959 ($ 400) and I can assure you that beats from $ 3,000 amplifier. I would be happy to share my experience of listening to other holders of Yggdrasil and Mjolnir 2 and, of course, than any other product Schiit.

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #11,805 of 13,350
  Hello to all Schiit owners, I have a Yggdrasil and Mjolnir 2 that I use for my Audeze LCD2 ver. 2.2 and in no time you will buy for my desktop a Asgard 2 and Bifrost Multibit that I will use for my HiFiMan HE-400i. The Yggdrasil is in my opinion the best DAC in the world, is simply amazing: monstrous dynamics, ANALOG like vinyl, speed from fear, just as versatile and produces the best bass I've ever heard. I can say this advisedly because together with Auralic Aries serves as a source of a system consisting of a pre Pass Labs X1, two final monophonic Jungson JA100 Luxury Edition, Uher AC-10, and cables for air-cord top-end speakers. My Audeze LCD2 is wired with a toxic poison Cryo Cables blocked balanced silver / gold silver. My Mjolnir 2've updated with two Telefunken E288CC valves selected gold in 1959 ($ 400) and I can assure you that beats from $ 3,000 amplifier. I would be happy to share my experience of listening to other holders of Yggdrasil and Mjolnir 2 and, of course, than any other product Schiit.

Nice entry-level stuff, when you gonna go high end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back