Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 15, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #11,476 of 13,350
A shorter, didn't come from a printer USB cable fixed the problem for me.
I've Addressed that, still have the issue. I've got two modi' sand I swapped them out and both had same issue. I've recently upgraded to bitfrost mb and still no luck.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #11,477 of 13,350
I've Addressed that, still have the issue. I've got two modi' sand I swapped them out and both had same issue. I've recently upgraded to bitfrost mb and still no luck.

Have you tried a different cable? Different computer? What are you using as the Player? Is it streaming? If you are streaming, a different browser? If not streaming a different player?

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #11,478 of 13,350
 Have you tried a different cable? Different computer? What are you using as the Player? Is it streaming? If you are streaming, a different browser? If not streaming a different player?
My only laptop, windows media player. Going to buy some new cables I guess, since that's the cheaper route. I'm suspecting it's the computer really. I've switched cables already, but I'm going to get some nice ones. Never been to happy with this laptop either. Usually happens once or twice an evening.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #11,479 of 13,350
My only laptop, windows media player. Going to buy some new cables I guess, since that's the cheaper route. I'm suspecting it's the computer really. I've switched cables already, but I'm going to get some nice ones. Never been to happy with this laptop either. Usually happens once or twice an evening.

Try Foobar 2000 (its free) and set it up with Wasapi Push. (there are Instructions on the Inter webs on how to do this) I had a crappy laptop that had issues from time to time and that helped as foobar is not very resource intense and and the wasapi push at least bypasses the windows volume and probably some of the other crap they add in.WIndows Media Player and those fance visuals can be a problem.  If you have a friend that is willing to allow you to try their laptop for a bit to test with a different computer (maybe not free, you may have to buy them lunch or something). The Pyst USB cables from schiit are straight wire usb cables.I have a few they are good and not too pricey.

While Logically I would work my way up from the DAC that may incur extra costs.Start with the Free stuff and work your way up. The same issue on three different dacs and if you have swapped usb cables already seems like the player or computer.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #11,480 of 13,350

Also, try different USB ports if you haven't yet (on my laptop one port always works and the other occasionally cuts out until I unplug the Modi and plug it back in).

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #11,481 of 13,350
Also, try different USB ports if you haven't yet (on my laptop one port always works and the other occasionally cuts out until I unplug the Modi and plug it back in).
That's next and never thought it could be the music player. Ive got foobar but don't use it often.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #11,483 of 13,350
It may be, but the first and most likely reason is (IF you are streaming) then it's a streaming/speed/buffering issue and nothing to do with your cables or other hardware.
Bill, I only use windows media player so I'm guessing it's the usb. I've been using this laptop daily for around a year now. I'm going to change sub ports tonight & I went ahead an ordered a wyrd from schiit. Nothing worse than getting into the music and then you lose everything, even for a second. I'm sure you understand

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #11,484 of 13,350
Bill, I only use windows media player so I'm guessing it's the usb. I've been using this laptop daily for around a year now. I'm going to change sub ports tonight & I went ahead an ordered a wyrd from schiit. Nothing worse than getting into the music and then you lose everything, even for a second. I'm sure you understand

Yeah,  Music cutting out when your really enjoying it makes you want to get up and mow the lawn or take the trash out so you don't follow through with your first thought... Whacking the computer with a Hammer.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #11,487 of 13,350
2.5 months ago i returned my Modi to the store i bought it from.
And they told me they are waiting on parts from Schiit?
So i dont know what to do now.

But i have learned something from this.
Always buy directly from schiit.
Not worth it buying from a store :S

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #11,488 of 13,350
My magni 2 died today. no idea what happened. worked fine last night, flicked it on today and it didnt make a click sound, but the light on the front and the orange one inside turned on. No sound at all coming from it, speaker/speaker amp work fine from same source (modi 2U)

just contacted schiit. really really bummed about this. Listening to my xonar DX now. sounds like crap.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #11,489 of 13,350
Is it within the warranty? All you need is the box and print out the proof of purchase from Schiit and they'll fix it.
My magni 2 died today. no idea what happened. worked fine last night, flicked it on today and it didnt make a click sound, but the light on the front and the orange one inside turned on. No sound at all coming from it, speaker/speaker amp work fine from same source (modi 2U)

just contacted schiit. really really bummed about this. Listening to my xonar DX now. sounds like crap.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #11,490 of 13,350
Bought my very fist tube amp the Schiit Vali ($99).  Powering my AKG k712pro and all I can say is holly schiit.   It unlocked the full potential of my AKG's that I didn't know it existed before with my  SMSL solid state desktop amp.  The Vali gives everything so much dimension, detail/space and analog smoothness.   I truly didn't expect this kind of difference.  Tubes truly does live up to their reputation.  Even Spotify 320kbs tracks sound amazing with it.   Also the Vali is eerily dead quiet when nothing is fed to it.   It also took my creative titanium HD to a totally new level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back