Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 12, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #11,221 of 13,350

The Wyrd made my connection to my computer much more stable. I had been having the signal drop out and needing to disconnect and reconnect the USB to reset.  Never happened again after installing the Wyrd.  For SQ YMMV.   But if you are having USB connection issues I can highly recommend the Wyrd.

As for cables I use Straight Wire for all of my interconnects (RCA, USB, optical and coax) and Pangea for all my power cables.  Both companies manufacture high quality cables.

Can I ask you for Straight Wire ebay links or stores? They don't show up under Asia eBay, but normally I can still buy them (depends on the eBay seller). Normally this happen when the eBay store doesn't put Worldwide. When they only put select countries, it doesn't show up on Asia eBay (which is determined by delivery address).

EDITED :: Never mind, I can apparently circumvent the eBay restriction by searching through Google. Duh! Sorry :D

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #11,222 of 13,350
Got a new toy for my Bimbo! Philips Fidelio X2 - I like them better than LCD-2F so far!!

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #11,223 of 13,350
  Got a new toy for my Bimbo! Philips Fidelio X2 - I like them better than LCD-2F so far!!

Really? I happen to value your opinion (because of your amps education last Christmas -you may or may or not remember this-).

That said, I've been looking for a headphone to complement my Grado for the past 2 months. hd650 is $650 and
LCD-2f is $1500. I only have at most $300 for the headphone, which goes around the territory if Audio-Technica r70x at $300 and  Fidelio x2 at $270.

I don't think r70x is that much of a complement if I were to based it on members comments on Audio-Technica female-vocals focused house sound, but I've heard differing opinions on Fidelio x2. Some called it warm, some dark, some bright, some v-shaped, some call it neutral.

I'm pretty confused with Fidelio x2 impressions I've read. So, that said... can I ask you what on Fidelio x2 that you prefer more than your LCD-2f other than, may I assume, the far better comfort aspect?

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #11,224 of 13,350
  I'm pretty confused with Fidelio x2 impressions I've read. So, that said... can I ask you what on Fidelio x2 that you prefer more than your LCD-2f other than, may I assume, the far better comfort aspect?

I feel X2 is like HD600 with a much better low end (bass) foundation. At the same time, they're not as "wooly" sounding as HD650, I find them more clean and neutral (I've used to own both 600 and 650).

LCD-2F feels little "shouty" compared to X2, especially on higher volume levels. I guess it's because of slightly recessed mids on X2.
The bass is great, maybe lacks a little texture compared to LCD-2F, but has a really nice weight and impact. Definitely much wider soundstage on X2 and more air around instruments.

I'm going to listen more to X2 and if my first impressions remain, the plan is to retire the LCD-2F and pocket the $$.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #11,225 of 13,350
Oh yeah, the wearing comfort is definitely awesome compared to Audeze (though to be honest I never had a problem with it). They're also really-really nicely made headphones.

EDIT: it's getting little crowded here!

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #11,226 of 13,350

I feel X2 is like HD600 with a much better low end (bass) foundation. At the same time, they're not as "wooly" sounding as HD650, I find them more clean and neutral (I've used to own both 600 and 650).

LCD-2F feels little "shouty" compared to X2, especially on higher volume levels. I guess it's because of slightly recessed mids on X2.
The bass is great, maybe lacks a little texture compared to LCD-2F, but has a really nice weight and impact. Definitely much wider soundstage on X2 and more air around instruments.

I'm going to listen more to X2 and if my first impressions remain, the plan is to retire the LCD-2F and pocket the $$.

I've read more than a couple impressions that the X2 treble is sibilance and shouty, yet I've also read 1 or 2 impression that said X2 is lacking in treble. Which one is more apt in your first impression?
Fidelio X2 impression is all over the place, the more I read about them the more confused I become. Sorry for probing you.

From your first impression, I reckon the X2 tilts more to the warm side of the spectrum than bright then?

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #11,227 of 13,350
  From your first impression, I reckon the X2 tilts more to the warm side of the spectrum than bright then?

Yes, so I've just decided to order them from Amazon and enjoy the generous return policies if I don't like them. So far I don't want to return them!

I wouldn't call them overly warm, but they have this nice midbass bloom which adds a lot of "meat" to the scene, so to speak.

I prefer slightly darker and more laid back cans and they more or less hit the spot for me. I think as far as treble goes, they're about the same as LCD-2F, I don't find it sibilant or anything so far. 
Fatigue factor is probably the lowest from all cans I ever had. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #11,228 of 13,350

Yes, so I've just decided to order them from Amazon and enjoy the generous return policies if I don't like them. So far I don't want to return them!

I wouldn't call them overly warm, but they have this nice midbass bloom which adds a lot of "meat" to the scene, so to speak.

I prefer slightly darker and more laid back cans and they more or less hit the spot for me. I think as far as treble goes, they're about the same as LCD-2F, I don't find it sibilant or anything so far. 
Fatigue factor is probably the lowest from all cans I ever had. 

Oh wow that sounds great! I was about to pull the trigger on the r70x today but I missed the 5% weekly discount so I'm waiting for next week. I might have to reconsider now. I had my doubts on r70x being a "grado-complement" headphone, I'm just never sure about the X2 even though it sounds like it will be a better complement; Mainly because of varied impressions and the earpad inkbleed issue (but I'm sure that's minor).

Thank you.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #11,229 of 13,350

Oh wow that sounds great! I was about to pull the trigger on the r70x today but I missed the 5% weekly discount so I'm waiting for next week. I might have to reconsider now. I had my doubts on r70x being a "grado-complement" headphone, I'm just never sure about the X2 even though it sounds like it will be a better complement; Mainly because of varied impressions and the earpad inkbleed issue (but I'm sure that's minor).

Thank you.

I had R70x on my radar too, but I already have a really nice Audio-Technica which I also love - M50x. Tyll's review of X2 won me over.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #11,231 of 13,350
Wow, that's sayin somethin!

Yeah, Bill. I've finally found a proper HD600 replacement. Somehow LCD-2 never "ticked" it for me...

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #11,233 of 13,350
today i got some advise, 
I'm going to be getting some studio monitors and use my valhalla2 or bifrost and connect to them. 
i might get the sys or i might just use the output from the V2, 

does that sound like it would work?

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #11,234 of 13,350
  today i got some advise, 
I'm going to be getting some studio monitors and use my valhalla2 or bifrost and connect to them. 
i might get the sys or i might just use the output from the V2, 

does that sound like it would work?

You can use the Output straight from the valhalla to a set of monitors. A SYS will work as a passive switch and volume control no need for it unless you are planning to use the another source to plug into the valhalla.
Make sure the Monitors have Single ended inputs

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #11,235 of 13,350
Thank you, well I'm using my valhalla with my new BiFrost DS, so for studio monitors, I can connect to 2 from one set of rca? So one cordoned to each? That is when I get the correct cord
You can use the Output straight from the valhalla to a set of monitors. A SYS will work as a passive switch and volume control no need for it unless you are planning to use the another source to plug into the valhalla.
Make sure the Monitors have Single ended inputs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back