Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #8,191 of 13,350
Love the service Schitt provides. I emailed Schitt about my Modi 2U wall wart making a very odd humming and I got an email back within 5 minutes from Jason letting me know they would ship me a new one. This is a truely great company. Definitely a future customer if i decide I ever need anything more than the Magni 2U and Modi 2U. Will definitely point people towards them in the future. Can't beat the price for what you get. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #8,192 of 13,350
^

thanks for sharing the experience thedragonguy...

considering i had to pay exorbitant taxes to get my magni 2 uber, i hope in the future when im buying another schiit goods, my luck is still good and it will work properly from the start like the magni 2 uber im using right now...

it would suck for me to pay 50% taxes twice, if fingers crossed, the first unit has some major issues...

the country i live in doesn't recognize secondhand or replacement goods import as far as i know. i think even review sample is taxed. i might be wrong.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #8,193 of 13,350
Don't really have those problems here in the USA. Both the Modi and Magni Uber work fine. It was just a faulty wall wart which isn't made by them so I can't really fault them. It figures the one part made in China would fail. Schitt quality seems pretty darn good just on my first day of use with it. I am impressed. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #8,194 of 13,350

Not $10 anymore. Too much abuse killed that.

In some cases, ordering via Amazon may work out well. But if you're looking for the lowest price, it'll be on the site.

I ordered my Vali from Amazon at the beginning of the last year. This past month, I ordered my Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber directly from Schiit. Schiit shipped the Magni 2 Uber the very morning I ordered it. The Modi 2 took a week or so but was in production when I placed my order.  Schiit actually did much better than the 10-15 business days wait that was initially quoted, shipping the Modi 2U in 5 business days.

I am an Amazon prime member primarily for the quick, guaranteed 2 day shipping that Amazon provides as well as access to many different types of products. I find prime more than pays for itself in the long run. That being said my recent experience with Schiit as far as their shipping speed and my overall overwhelming satisfaction with their products prompts me to make all my future purchases of Schiit products directly from Schiit.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #8,195 of 13,350
  Don't really have those problems here in the USA. Both the Modi and Magni Uber work fine. It was just a faulty wall wart which isn't made by them so I can't really fault them. It figures the one part made in China would fail. Schitt quality seems pretty darn good just on my first day of use with it. I am impressed. 

mine works completely fine. hope my subsequent purchases also works fine from the get-go.

i really don't want to give customs another unwarranted money after the questionable tax i just paid for dt880...
item price : $195, invoice from the shop $195, "official assessment" $450.
so tax becomes 45% of $450 + freight + insurance.

but that's neither here nor there. my dt880 arrived yeay. im using magni with ma-900 now though.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #8,197 of 13,350
Why in the world was it assessed so high and why such a high rate? That's outrageous. If they tried to do that to us in the US we would probably have a revolution.

the tax officer doesn't trust the amount and suspect an indication of undervaluation of the item.

how many legit business accepts undervaluing invoices seriously. one two men operation maybe, but legit businesses with employees, i doubt many do that. so unless i got my stuff from ebay, i shouldn't have get "official assessment".

this is the third time. i think if it happens again, i will sort it out by making an official complaint. it's just a pain in the butt to do that.

i tried dt880 with magni 2 uber around 2 hours ago. no issue and can power it just fine, and the volume pot is not super low so everything's nice and centered. im using ma-900 now because it's just easier to use that to watch youtube...

ant-man trailer everybody

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #8,198 of 13,350
Why in the world was it assessed so high and why such a high rate? That's outrageous. If they tried to do that to us in the US we would probably have a revolution.

Actually, we did 
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #8,199 of 13,350
Actually, we did :wink_face:  

I get what you mean but that was also kind of a diff situation since we were already trying to be free in the new world. Its different when your own enacted government goes that far. I think its crazy places charge people so much just to buy goods. Its almost like they don't want commerce and a healthy economy.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #8,200 of 13,350
I've compared the Lyr 2 with the Asgard 2 in the past and there is a substantial difference in the soundstage, depth and detail. I auditioned it with the Hifiman HE560 and the Sennheiser HD700 and 800. Because the Lyr 2 is a hybrid amp, the sound signature will be slightly warmer than your solid state Asgard. I do not have experience with the T1 so I guess someone else can share that finding for you.

To conclude, I would say the most substantial difference is the soundstage. To me, it was a night-and-day difference and I noticed it within the first 10 seconds of the song.

dL

Thanks, so I assume it would be a good combo with T1, although looking at specs Valhalla should be the one for high impedance beyers. How would you compare the wa7 to either schiit?

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #8,201 of 13,350
I get what you mean but that was also kind of a diff situation since we were already trying to be free in the new world. Its different when your own enacted government goes that far. I think its crazy places charge people so much just to buy goods. Its almost like they don't want commerce and a healthy economy.

no they dont want commerce and healthy economoy.

the micro example is i can buy stuff from the US using third party forwarding / concierge service. they ask you 15-20% of item price, plus shipping, and charge your item not by tax percentage but per weight.

and it's delivered to your door instead of having to go to the post office / customs office to pay. (why can't i pay at home is still baffling to me).

sometime i feel as if the people in charge wants average person to just use this third party forwarding service instead of properly paying for the tax.
i don't mind the paying the tax part (well 45% is steep), but more than that. i hate the "official assessment" thing.

why the culture is so suspicious with each other that a cheaply priced item must be "undervalued or under-declared"

are you kidding me?

sorry i dont have any schiit-related comment at all on this post. im still irritated with the official assessment since i just got the dt880 last night

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #8,202 of 13,350
That whole assessment and tax bit seems a bit schitty to me. I feel  bad for anyone who has to deal with their governments flushing their money and time down the toilet with unnecessary taxes, fees, and hassle. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #8,203 of 13,350
  That whole assessment and tax bit seems a bit schitty to me. I feel  bad for anyone who has to deal with their governments flushing their money and time down the toilet with unnecessary taxes, fees, and hassle. 

i read a post a couple pages ago regarding somebody having to spend the winter in thailand so couldnt buy the schiit due to taxes.

and schiit new chapter on their book / story / inside glimpse thread mentioned something about malaysia.

that's asia for you... other than japan korea and singapore, random BS stuff happens a lot.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #8,204 of 13,350
That's too bad. Hopefully sooner than later those other countries realize it makes more sense to get taxes by allowing its citizens to spend more of their own money and thus bring in more overall tax revenue. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #8,205 of 13,350
  That's too bad. Hopefully sooner than later those other countries realize it makes more sense to get taxes by allowing its citizens to spend more of their own money and thus bring in more overall tax revenue. 

well, it hasn't changed since i was in puberty. which was more than 15 years ago. so i doubt it will change soon. but thanks anyway.

the worst thing is dvd and blu-ray taxes are per minutes and not per price value. $12 per minute or something, i might be wrong. so a The X-Files complete boxset will have a $100,000 tax

im not joking either, i tried buying some series dvd. i just told them to destroy it after i heard that.

so in terms of absurdity, there's clouds above the cloud, or however the saying goes.

on magni 2 uber, im fairly satisfied with magni 2 uber, and my dissatisfaction is that i should've get SYS and wyrd at the same time at that time.

clicking tracking details three times a day is unhealthy when the wait times is 3 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back