Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #4,651 of 13,350
Hi everyone,
I would like to pull the trigger for the gungnir and mjolnir combo.
The thing is I am moving a lot (every 6 months) mostly in Europe and US.
Is there any custom/mod for switching between 115V and 230V ? That could be awesome !

Thank you !
Hi everyone,
I would like to pull the trigger for the gungnir and mjolnir combo.
The thing is I am moving a lot (every 6 months) mostly in Europe and US.
Is there any custom/mod for switching between 115V and 230V ? That could be awesome !

Thank you !

I was in the same boat and ended up with the 230v. You just need to keep a transformer with you whenever you are in the "other" voltage zone.
Good luck.

Thanks guys
I think I will do the same. Any ideas for a good transformer for a mjolnir 230V to plug in the US 110 V ? Will it have some noise induced by the transformer ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #4,652 of 13,350
curiosity is really fracking the schiit outta me, curious to try modi, but I have dacport LX. wanna try the vali, but i have magni. satisfaction and curiosity collides, supernova!!

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #4,655 of 13,350
The Schiit hit the fan

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,657 of 13,350
Ugh, my DAC died last night. Anyone experience what I'm experiencing or have some thoughts?

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #4,658 of 13,350
I just got a new Schiit Valhalla tube amplifier, only having a slight problem.
When i connect my headphones to the amplifier and dont play any music i hear a hiss / stutter on the left side of my headphones (Hd800)
(if i switch the cable the stutter is on the other side). My HD 800's are fine.

No source connected > Volume turned 0% = Stutter
Source connected > Volume turned 0% = Stutter
Source connected > Music playing = stutter (you can't hear it at higher volumes, but still at lower volume)

Will this problem fix itself as the tubes burn in? or do i have faulty tubes / a broken amp?

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #4,659 of 13,350
When i connect my headphones to the amplifier and dont play any music i hear a hiss / stutter on the left side of my headphones (Hd800)

No source connected > Volume turned 0% = Stutter
Source connected > Volume turned 0% = Stutter
Source connected > Music playing = stutter (you can't hear it at higher volumes, but still at lower volume)

Will this problem fix itself as the tubes burn in? or do i have faulty tubes / a broken amp?

You might as well not waste too much time and start a conversation going with customer support.

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #4,660 of 13,350
Sounds like a bad tube.  Inform Schiit, and they'll send you some new ones.

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #4,661 of 13,350

If you switch the cable to other side and the problem followed that could mean the cable or your source may be the issue.
What cable are you talking about?

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #4,663 of 13,350
definitely sounds like a tube to me. Call support they will fix you up.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #4,665 of 13,350
As a follow up to a previous request, I was able to try out the Bifrost USB v2 tonight.  Compared to coax and optical, I can't hear any difference.  It works great as far as I'm concerned.  I'll rarely use it because I use the coax from my iPod dock.  But it's nice to know that it works great and gives me more flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back