Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #4,501 of 13,350
  What are you feeding to the Bifrost?

SPDIF-out through optical from my PC. However, for some reason my PC isn't seeing that I connected anything to the optical out. I have Realtek HD Audio with R2.73 drivers. Usually in windows if you choose properties under your sound devices it will show the jack information and which one is connected to a device. It just isn't seeing the Bifrost. I might try installing my EMU 0404 PCI card and use that for optical SPDIF.

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #4,503 of 13,350
  That seems odd.  No usb on the Bifrost to try?

Nah, I saved $100 since I had SPDIF-out to work with. Ironically its not working :/

I'll figure it out eventually, I always do lol

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #4,505 of 13,350
My Bifrost Uber is set to be delivered on Monday.  I wish I ordered earlier in the week so I'd have it this weekend.  Oh well, the waiting game starts!

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #4,509 of 13,350
  I did.  But, I mainly got it for own OCD and also if I ever choose to use USB later.  I usually connect via coax. 

While we are on the topic of the Bifrost's USB connection, I found that my music tends to get cut off randomly when my Bifrost is connected via USB. The sound will be cut off for a second or so before coming back. I emailed Schiit and Nick said that it's most likely something to do with Windows 8's USB power management. 

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Nick recommended getting an external powered USB hub but I've yet to find time to get one.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #4,511 of 13,350
  I didn't think it would be the input I would use much and bought it for future considerations, but now it is the only input I use.  Very happy with it.

I have Apple lossless on my iPod, which I extract via the Pure i20 dock and send it via coax.  Very happy with that.  I suspect, though, someday I'll re-rip in FLAC and use a computer based server. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,512 of 13,350
While we are on the topic of the Bifrost's USB connection, I found that my music tends to get cut out randomly when my Bifrost is connected via USB. The sound will be cut out for a second or so before coming back. I emailed Schiit and Nick said that it's most likely something to do with Windows 8's USB power management. 

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Nick recommended getting an external powered USB hub but I've yet to find time to get one.

I use the MacBook Air and have never had this issue.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #4,514 of 13,350
  Hopefully you resolve it soon.   

Got it working. For some reason my optical SPDIF-out won't work so I tried out my coax SPDIF-out and it passed 24/192 just fine. Oddly enough, I tried my EMU 0404 PCI card and it won't pass 24/192 through its SPDIF /shrug

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4,515 of 13,350

While we are on the topic of the Bifrost's USB connection, I found that my music tends to get cut off randomly when my Bifrost is connected via USB. The sound will be cut off for a second or so before coming back. I emailed Schiit and Nick said that it's most likely something to do with Windows 8's USB power management. 

Windows --> Power Options -->Change plan settings ---> Advanced --> USB power management --> USB selective suspend setting --> Disabled. 

Should fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back