Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #4,262 of 13,350
Sorry, It's one of those snappy kind of days hahaha
wink.gif

You must not be used to the snow, unless you didn't get hit by the storm.
I know some guys across the bridge from Beaufort that can fix snarky.
biggrin.gif
 After a brief stay at Parris Island my son addressed his mother as, "Yes Mam." It took 3 Weeks of XBox to fix that. I will say that after two tours in the desert of Iraq, his College grades went up to a 4.0.

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #4,263 of 13,350
  In Schiit line of amps, what would you say is best for the HD 650's? At the moment I have Modi & Vali, but I want to know if for example Valhalla would be a clear upgrade over Vali.

Ask questions like that and you'll pay for it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Is there something that you don't like about what you have?

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #4,264 of 13,350
So my Asgard 2 is on its way... StanD, I couldn't resist.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #4,265 of 13,350
You must not be used to the snow, unless you didn't get hit by the storm.
I know some guys across the bridge from Beaufort that can fix snarky. :D  After a brief stay at Parris Island my son addressed his mother as, "Yes Mam." It took 3 Weeks of XBox to fix that. I will say that after two tours in the desert of Iraq, his College grades went up to a 4.0.
Indeed, the Corps will do that to a man. I have become more offensive/defensive being in the Army. The snow messed most all the plans here lol
On another note, its easy to misinterpret someones words online, so I meant no offense earlier.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #4,266 of 13,350
  So my Asgard 2 is on its way... StanD, I couldn't resist.

I luv my Asgard 2. Typical of Schiit, their crap is worth much more than they ask and it's built well.
The A 2 is a Class A amp so you can warm your hands on it or reheat cold food.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,268 of 13,350
  I luv my Asgard 2. Typical of Schiit, their crap is worth much more than they ask and it's built well.

I'm fine with Class A. My big 200wpc Rotel RB-1080 power amp is also pure Class A. It's hot, heavy as pig and kicks one's ass.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,269 of 13,350
Indeed, the Corps will do that to a man. I have become more offensive/defensive being in the Army. The snow messed most all the plans here lol
On another note, its easy to misinterpret someones words online, so I meant no offense earlier.

I'm cool. He's 30 now, but the Corps cured him of his left over teenage behaviors, or should I say that combat did that. He's been back for a few years, I'm glad that I don't have to worry anymore.
I just ordered a CD from Amazon, it was free from the $50 they gave me in digital product credit because they messed up twice on my Bifrost order. Weird thing with Amazon, when you buy a CD, the MP3 downloads come free. If you opt to only buy the MP3 version of the album, it costs more? 
confused.gif
 At least it looks that way from the albums I looked at. I got a CD for the Dave Weckl Band that I couldn't find on my Google All Access streaming subscription.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #4,270 of 13,350

Should sell like hot cakes Schiit with all the cold weather.

After cleaning yesterday's snow, it rained last night and then froze over. Now it's turned to a ton of slush that my wife has tasked me to get rid of. Now I have to to go and shovel Schiit.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #4,271 of 13,350

I'm fine with Class A. My big 200wpc Rotel RB-1080 power amp is also pure Class A. It's hot, heavy as pig and kicks one's ass.

I'll bet someone would try driving cans of the speaker taps and get a lesson in SPL.
What do you hang off the Rotel? Your neighbors probably hate you.

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #4,272 of 13,350
  I'll bet someone would try driving cans of the speaker taps and get a lesson in SPL.
What do you hang off the Rotel? Your neighbors probably hate you.

I have a pair of KEF Q700 floorstanders (see the signature). I do everything from classic rock and death metal, to jazz, acoustic and then some dnb, trance and dubstep. 
That combo's producing a very clean and comfortable sound (better than B&W 684 with whatever amp) with jawdropping, but very articulate bass, despite modest size..
Having a lot of power is reassuring.. I'm only using a LITTLE BIT of the preamp's volume pot for casual listening, presentation remains full even at very low volume levels.

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #4,273 of 13,350
  Ask questions like that and you'll pay for it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Is there something that you don't like about what you have?

I love the little stack of Schiit I have, I'm just curious.
wink_face.gif
 Not planning to make any upgrades at least for a couple of years. Who knows, maybe there's Valhalla 2 or Lyr 2 waiting for me when I'm ready to upgrade. 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #4,274 of 13,350
  Are we about to get into an objectivity versus subjectivity argument based off the percieved differences between two hybrid tube headphone amplifiers. 

I'm going to walk away before I get banned again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back