Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,046 of 13,350
Quote:
My Mjolnir sounds the same to me now after >500 hrs listening as it did right out of the box.
Have not received SW cable yet but doubt seriously there will be any definable change in SQ there either. Just don't buy into the burn in. Tubes age but SS is what it is.

I have to agree with you on this one.  

Although, I never heard a brand new MJ.  I heard a well burned in one.  It was still a forward sounding amp none the less.  Just as much as the BHA-1.  It may have calmed down come some.  But not to the fact of it not being a forward sounding amp.  That's its nature and what makes it a good match for the LCDs and not so much for the HD800s IMO...

Aug 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #3,047 of 13,350
Quote:
+1
I experienced burn-in with every piece of Schiit gear I've owned. Multiple amps/dacs, all of them. I think 50~100 is a good number. Belief in burn-in doesn't really hurt anybody or their wallets, so not sure why people get hostile over it. Burn-in happens naturally anyway, after a month or two. Now I'm against people saying 1000+ hours, but saying 24~100 hours seems pretty harmless to me. And umm.. yes this is my subjective personal experience of course and YMMV, etc, etc...

Burn-in is plausible in certain things like tubes, but in headphones and speakers it is more a matter of getting used to the performance.

"And umm.. yes this is my subjective personal experience of course and YMMV, etc, etc..."

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #3,048 of 13,350
Quote:

Burn-in is plausible in certain things like tubes, but in headphones and speakers it is more a matter of getting used to the performance.

"And umm.. yes this is my subjective personal experience of course and YMMV, etc, etc..."

Stop using my eloquent copyrighted speech. I'll sue man. I'll sue you so hard you confess to burn-in or go broke.

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3,049 of 13,350
Fellow schiitheads, I come bearing news of new schiit to add to your schiitpiles, from the king of schiit himself. 

My E-mail to Schiit:
Hey guys,[...]

I write because I have a product request of sorts. [...] As much as I am dearly in love with my Valhalla, I find myself going and unplugging the Modi to switch to my computer speakers whenever I want to game, watch YouTube videos etc. as those feel like a waste of tubes.

In a perfect world, my solution for this would be a slimmer chassis box that matches the other 9"ers, and which simply has a toggle on the front, allowing one to stack it on top of their Bifrost, and then both an Asgard and Valhalla on top of that, with the toggle routing the Bifrost's output to one of those two amps. That way, I could switch to solid state when I wanted to do something I felt didn't deserve tube-hours, or when I wanted to use some of my cans that perform better on solid state, etc.

Obviously, sticking an Asgard under a Valhalla could pose some heat problems, so maybe the togglebox would go between the two, and have feet that provided breathing room above the lower amp. I don't know, you guys are the masters - but the idea at its core, if somehow doable, I would love it.

Simply, a way to point my DAC at one of two different amps with the flick of a switch, that looks good with my other schiit, and is built to the same awesome standards of quality and fidelity I've come to expect. [...] I know there are cheaper RCA switchboxes out there already, but I'm not entirely sure about their effect on fidelity, and they certainly don't have the same aesthetics or build quality.

Thanks for listening

Jason's Response:
There'll be something like that coming soon, but in the smaller chassis size.

All the best,
Jason Stoddard

Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #3,051 of 13,350
Quote:
Fellow schiitheads, I come bearing news of new schiit to add to your schiitpiles, from the king of schiit himself. 

Jason's answer is clear, but your question is incomprehensible to me. I tried reading your question to him twice and my brain failed. What in the world were you asking? So what is the new product in your opinion?

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,053 of 13,350
Aug 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #3,055 of 13,350
Just came across this on the deals thread:

"Originally Posted by Whitetriton 

Schiit Lyr is on Amazon, sold by Schiit Audio, for $399 +$18.75 shipping (3 left in stock at time of posting this).  On the Schiit website, it sells for $449. 

http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SCH-03-Lyr-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B004T335BK/"

Any chance their clearing out old stock for a Lyr II release?

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,056 of 13,350
Quote:
Just came across this on the deals thread:

"Originally Posted by Whitetriton 

Schiit Lyr is on Amazon, sold by Schiit Audio, for $399 +$18.75 shipping (3 left in stock at time of posting this).  On the Schiit website, it sells for $449. 

http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SCH-03-Lyr-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B004T335BK/"

Any chance their clearing out old stock for a Lyr II release?

Nah. It's just B-stock. Not brand new. They get occassion B-Stock amps from customer returns. It's not like they had a fire sale of the Asgard 1 when going to 2.

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #3,057 of 13,350
Quote:
Stop using my eloquent copyrighted speech. I'll sue man. I'll sue you so hard you confess to burn-in or go broke.

Lol alright, I won't use it again OR I'll put your name after it

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3,058 of 13,350
Quote:

Sounds like a DAC with multiple outputs

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3,059 of 13,350
Hmmm I'm wondering if doing Tyll's foam mod for the HD800 would remove a bit of that sharp treble from the Gungnir then?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #3,060 of 13,350
You're planning on applying a headphone mod to an amp? 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back