1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Owners Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hodgjy, Mar 15, 2012.
First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last
  1. preproman
    Quote:

I have to agree with you on this one.  

Although, I never heard a brand new MJ.  I heard a well burned in one.  It was still a forward sounding amp none the less.  Just as much as the BHA-1.  It may have calmed down come some.  But not to the fact of it not being a forward sounding amp.  That's its nature and what makes it a good match for the LCDs and not so much for the HD800s IMO...

2. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    Quote:

Burn-in is plausible in certain things like tubes, but in headphones and speakers it is more a matter of getting used to the performance.

"And umm.. yes this is my subjective personal experience of course and YMMV, etc, etc..."

3. M-13
    Quote:
    Stop using my eloquent copyrighted speech. I'll sue man. I'll sue you so hard you confess to burn-in or go broke.

4. IorekByrnison
    Fellow schiitheads, I come bearing news of new schiit to add to your schiitpiles, from the king of schiit himself. 

My E-mail to Schiit:

Jason's Response:

5. BournePerfect
    Quote:
    No I saw no reason to try the Gungnir since I had the Eximus. Plus there's a few unsatisfied HD800/Gungnir peeps out there...mostly attempting to shift blame to the Mjolnir lol.

-Daniel

6. M-13
    Quote:
    Jason's answer is clear, but your question is incomprehensible to me. I tried reading your question to him twice and my brain failed. What in the world were you asking? So what is the new product in your opinion?

7. Rem0o
    Quote:

My guess is a switch.

8. pelli
    Quote:
    That was my understanding too

9. NZheadcase
    Quote:

good quality Y-splitters from the Bifrost do the job for me. I just turn off whichever amp I don't need. Clean, quick, and cheap. 

10. pelli
    Just came across this on the deals thread:

"Originally Posted by Whitetriton [​IMG]

Schiit Lyr is on Amazon, sold by Schiit Audio, for $399 +$18.75 shipping (3 left in stock at time of posting this).  On the Schiit website, it sells for $449. 

http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SCH-03-Lyr-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B004T335BK/"

Any chance their clearing out old stock for a Lyr II release?

11. M-13
    Quote:
    Nah. It's just B-stock. Not brand new. They get occassion B-Stock amps from customer returns. It's not like they had a fire sale of the Asgard 1 when going to 2.

12. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    Quote:

Lol alright, I won't use it again OR I'll put your name after it

13. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    Quote:

Sounds like a DAC with multiple outputs

14. joebobbilly
    Hmmm I'm wondering if doing Tyll's foam mod for the HD800 would remove a bit of that sharp treble from the Gungnir then?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

15. Armaegis
    You're planning on applying a headphone mod to an amp? [​IMG]

First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last